xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
loaded

Weird Email

:blink: Today, I opened up an account in Gmail, and I finally get the immense 2 gig space. Then I open up my email and bam!!! An email to me from the Bank of America. The weird thing is that I don't use Bank of America. :lol: So I retraced the email adress and it said (unknown). Any comments please host.

well, its kind of an obvious thing........ignore it and delete it, it is probably someone that wants to get your normal bank information to supposably transfer a relatives money over, and they wont...they willjust take the money that is in the bank and run never seeing you again, messages like this will not come from unknown, they would be from somthing like john@bankofamerica.com next to the fact that they hardly ever send out any e-mails, atleast i havent recieves any from them and i have been with them for almost a year now., so basicly just igore it, that is an obvious answer!

Yeah, that's about all you can do is ignore it. However, if it's coming from a fake source (and it is, according to what you're saying), you can report it as a "phishing" site. That would prompt Google to take action. I've done it before, and never received mail from the person again (although I forgot the details of the email). If I remember correctly, I think Google also warns you if it doesn't appear to be coming from where it claims. Anyway, if you ignore them, and they continue to spam you, then you should report it.

I've got many emails like that. Just click the spam button it almost always works. Or for fun go along with it. Don't give any info, but ask questions and then after awhile say no not interested. See the email back they are pissed. <_<