xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
loaded

Motorola Slvr

:blink: Well, this person on my bus had just gotten a Motorola SLVR. Nice look eh? Well let me tell you the features. First off it's only available for Cingular currently.

Ultra-thin shell with an innovative nickel-plated copper-alloy chemically-etched keypad with illumination panel

Apple iTunes mobile music player with dedicated one-touch music key

Transfer songs to / from PC or Mac with USB cable

Integrated VGA camera with 4x zoom and video capture and playback

Bluetooth Class 2 for hands-free connectivity

Up to 512 MB or removable TransFlash memory

J2ME MIDP 2.0 support for application, ringer, wallpaper, graphic and game downloads

Integrated hands-free speakerphone

Messaging via Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS), instant messaging platforms (AOL, ICQ, and Yahoo!), and email (POP3, SMTP

Posted Image

Notice from saint-michael:
copied from here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ credits reduce.

Nice huh???

well,recently my classmate have boughta Motorola SLVR.it is very a nice and thin cellphone once noticing it.last weekend,i help him install a moto itunes on his phone and downloaded a apple theme,which looks like a ipod now :blink: i did visit the site cingularsleek.com tell you how the motorola slvr can show perfectly.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

My sister got a slvr, it's incredably thin. One of the nicest phones out there in my opinion. It's really expensive though. I think she paid around $600 or $700 Canadian for it. Why someone would want to pay so much for a cellphone is beyond me.

I have the originall ipod phone, the motorola ROCKR. Its a great phone, not too think not too thick, not too long either. Doesn't weigh a pound.Ive got a 1gb memory card in it so i can store as many songs as i want.The SLVR looks like the next gen phone from this one. I hope some features were heavily improved. For example on the ROKR you can only download music off your pc, not off itunes directly. I understand it can take longer for a song to download off a cell but in these days, we have the technology so why not implement it ?Also the usb cable was only USB 1.1. That means that it took me almost 3 minutes for each song i wanted to transfer to my phone. I hope the new SLVR uses USB 2.0 for faster transfer speeds.Bluetooth on the ROCKR was good, you can even send and receive ringtones or mp3 files with it.Either way, the most important aspect of it is that ive never actually had a use for the Itunes mp3 player. I maybe listened to it 10-15 times since ive had the phone (got it at launch so its a good few months). I find that im either driving (so listening to my car stereo) or if im not driving, i got other music sources around me louder than a cellphone. Battery also goes by fast when you listen to the songs.The SLVR looks sweet tho, maybe that'll be my new phone even tho i KNOW i wont use the mp3 features :blink: (except for ringtones hehe)