xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Trap17.com Description Of The Services We Get Vs What We Get two different things

Ok, well on http://forums.xisto.com/ the main page, it says

:: FREE WEB Hosting Features ::
1. Sub-Domain or Domain Hosting
2. Cpanel (latest release updated automatically)
3. Fantastico 2
4. 50 - 250 mb space [ 50 mb provided initially ]
5. 500 - 20,000 mb Bandwidth
6. Ip Address [ Shared ]
7. Unlimited Sub-Domains
8. Unlimited Parked-Domains
9. Unlimited Addon-Domains
10. Unlimited MySQL Databases
11. Unlimited Email Accounts
12. Unlimited Email Forwarders
13. Unlimited Mailing Lists
14. Unlimited Email filters
15. Unlimited Ftp Accounts
16. PERL version 5.8.X
17. TCL
18. TOMCAT
19. JSP
20. PHP version 4.3.X [ Safe Mode OFF with FULL GD Support ]
21. MySQL version 4.0.18-standard
22. File Manager
23. FTP Manager
24. All this absolutely FREE and much much MORE!!

now, thats allot of unlimited things, is it just somthing to get more people to come and get hosted thinking they would get all of those items? or is it a typo? *a big one* or is it a system error that we are only getting limited stuff versus what the site says??

well, it is a mismoner to call it unlimited anyhow, i agree. but HOW MUCH Sub-Domains (up to 99), Parked-Domains (up to 9), Addon-Domains (up to 9), MySQL Databases (up to 99, not counting the other 99 for PostgreSQL), Email Accounts (up to 99), Email Forwarders (unlmited), Mailing Lists (up to 99), Email filters (up to 99), and Ftp Accounts (up to 99) -- all falling under the *unlimited* description -- does one really need anyway? by all accounts, *it is more than one would actually need* which can be construed to mean *unlimited* as well if i am to stretch it a bit. :lol: but then again, it is a complaint which can be readily remedied/updated by the admins. people do complain a lot nowadays, i get to notice, anyway -- even for free services. :lol:

We had to shift the limit from unlimited to something like 99 because of the Quota Errors we were getting. There is no other reason for us to do this.

allright, well that is all i needed to know :lol: thanx, topic can be closed now...and supposing OpaQue will be closing it, are you going to keep it listed as unlimited on the Xisto.com page, or change it? just wondering :lol: