xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dvalkass

Strategy For Age Of Empires. A strategy for the Age of Empires 3 game.

Spanish Pikemen Rush.

Yet another of my Age of Empires Strategies. This time a rush (building an army quickly to destroy or critically harm an enemy). This rush needs good villager micro, a fair understanding of rushes and a Spanish civilization around level 10+. It is also good to know how a FF works.

The Strategy.

As usual put all your villagers on huntables and leave one to collect the crates, food first then wood and finally gold.

Make villagers as soon as you can, set their gather point on a huntable animal.

Once the crates have been collected build a house with the villager used for collecting the crates. Depending on how much wood is left build a market, if you don?t have enough wait for a bit until you do.

Make this villager collect food along with the rest once the house and/or market are built.

The first card you send should be 3 villagers, if you don?t have this send 2.

Don?t go over 16 villagers.

Age up as soon as you have 800 food, choose the villager politician. While ageing up move 5 villagers to gold, and 5 or 6 to wood depending on if you have 15 or 16 villagers. So now you have 5 on food 5 on gold and 5/6 on wood.

If you haven?t already build a market when you have the wood.

When you get your next card send the 8 pikemen card.

Don?t stop building villagers, and when you need to build houses.

As soon as you have 250 spare wood build a barracks.

From this barracks train 10 pikemen.

As you train new villagers split these 1 on food, then gold and finally wood. You don?t need more than around 10 on each resource for now, but less will do fine.

Whenever you have the resources needed age up, choose the 10 pikemen politician.

For your next card send either 700 wood or food, Whichever you have less of.

Once the age up finishes you should have 28 pikemen and a good economy.

Upgrade your pikemen to veteran.

Now you choose to hit the enemy with this army or continue to build up a stronger army. If you choose to attack the enemy, make sure you know what your target is going to be. I suggest buildings that have an economic advantage or housing at this stage. If you continue to build up an army train another 10 pikemen.

Your next card should be the 1 or 2 falconet card, these will help in taking out units that come for your pikemen, and also aid in building destroying.

Build an artillery foundry and train falconets so with the card you have at least 5.

Now fill the rest of your 50 army slot with pikemen.

You should now have around 45 veteran pikemen and around 5 falconets. This is when you attack, if you want to totally wipe out the enemy I suggest having some rodeleros or skirmishers for helping with infantry. Find a good place to enter your enemies base by scouting with either a war dog or your explorer. Walk to this place trying to avoid your enemies line of sight, Rush in as quick as you can with the skirms/rodeleros to raid his units, these will act as your meatshield, Use your falconets to start on buildings if there isn?t much of an infantry, if there is set them on units. Your Pikemen should start taking out military buildings and towers, start with the building he is using to train infantry (barracks/blockhouse) this way he is pushed to build another or build cavalry which are countered by pikemen. Now help your pikemen with your falconets. Pick off buildings one by one storming through his base, let your skirms/rods go off by themselves. After this it should be GG. BUT don?t forget to train more units if your army dies. If he has massed infantry try again with 2 armies, 50 skirms/rods and 45pikes with falcs

Cards.

700 wood

700 food

700 gold

2/3 villies

8 pikemen

Recommended Cards.

1000 food

1000 wood

1000 gold

2 falcs.

Mercenaries

Tips.

Micro - walk your villies to the opposite side of huntables before shooting to herd them towards your TC.

Make sure you use your units against what they counter, it?s no good putting pikemen out against 10 falconets, they?ll get owned!

Cards ? Make sure you have sufficient cards for strategies. Also make sure you use the cards and they are of use to you. It?s no good having ship cards on an all land map.

Pease feel free to give comments/criticism, and I hope this helps you.

Its a good strat but what should I do if I get rushed by the aztech the scout slam comes out way faster and I get wasted I'm shure there is a way to counter it but I cant find a way -question by purplepenguin

The spanish have no hpe in competing witht he aztects iroqois or any other civ, especially france or ottoman, but you have to rush them before they ursh you... Its as simple as that-reply by George Washington

Replying to iGuestFor the Spanish to their best you must attack your opposition while you're in the Fortress age. Spain is best while they are in this age and don't play too defensively. If you allow the game to get beyond the Fortress age you're in for a hard game.-reply by Hello23

strategy against ottoman and french civilizationStrategy For Age Of Empires.hey everyone,I want to know how to play against a french and ottoman empire in the AOE3 standered match with 999 homecity level or 1 homecity level.I was nailed by the great bombards of ottoman empire.Do help me with.-reply by sanjay kumar

to beat the ottomens just use skirmish cause ottomen only have mele people..Skimish are trained to take out kill all mele people. -

miggzz

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords:

You wont beat the ottomans with just skirmishers. I would use a ton of lancers and pikemen as well. Ottos have great grenadier and hussar horsemen that can easily take out skirmishers.

-reply by Jesse James

ottomansStrategy For Age Of Empires.

You will need a big army of horsemen because of the so many Ottoman villagers spread across the map. The horsemen should work by their speed. 

-reply by Trent Lynds

u can use this or have 50-75 muskets at 10 min think about it 30 pikes and maybe 2 falcs tops with that plan to about 65 muskets your choice