xisto Community
new-world-order

Air Power Cars We Can Save Oil And The Planet

I gues I jumped in on this oen a little late, but I just wanted to point out that Air Hog has been making kinds toys that run on air powered engines for quite some time now. I'm not to sure about the recompressing air part, but the actual engine works.

The Compresser would be charged by a giro system running off the crank shaft it would be geared to take in anogth energy to power the compresser as needed due to the fact it wouldnt have fuel and even if ti did have fuel what a difference it woulf make think of how much fuel wouldbe saved all you would need is a small generater which can take about 8 hours to run dry from about 3 litres of petrol dont crititise other peoples ideas unless you ahve a better solution you self and albus thanks it is a rather cool idea
besides there is an engine that runs on air as i have found out after googling for acouple hours ill post the blue prints for it and a pic of the engine
dont automaticly asume everything will fail put a bit off faith into things:D
Peace

aaron

That is basically free energy, which is impossible by today's standards. The energy to recompress the air will never be the same as needed to run the engine. It just would never work.

dont they have cars pwoered by water? isnt that good enough? i think that a water powered car is dam amazing. electric cars are coming in aswell, in about 15 years i wouldn't be surpirsed if alot of people switched. oil prices are getting ridiculously high and ever increasing. people are going to think twice about what cars to buy now.

Ahh, I believe the thing you are reffering to is hydrogen powered cars. Hydrogen is explosively flammable, and is a great replacement for gas to run an engine. The area where water comes in, is the tailpipe of the car. The spent hydrogen fuel travels through the exhaust and once it meets air, it combines with the oxygen in the air to create water. H20 (water) is 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom.

The problem is that since hydrogen is so flammable and is very difficult to store (both because it leaks through most materials and because it doesn't compres well), it is very dangerous as a fuel. Some fuel cells, however, can give off electricity rather than hydrogen (which would then need to be pumped into an engine, etc.). See here.

Edited by Cerebral Stasis (see edit history)

I'm not sure but I think you're all confused (regarding the hydrogen fuel) To the best of my knowledge there is no engin on the planet that runs directly on hydrogen, as it was mentioned hydrogen is extremly flamable and the combustion would be very dangerous. What they do do however is use hydrogen to generate electricty in the fuel cell, as mentioned in the previous articly then it is just a matter of an electric car. Wolves, where you say that hydrogen combines with oxygen in the air to produce water, that doesn't really happen all that well, if you were to leave a jar of hydrogen gas exposed to oxygen it wouldn't all turn to water (well it would over time), at least not at once, it could take many years. But in the fuel cell a cataylist (genearly platnium) speeds this reaction up many times over and the recombination of H+ and O- ions causes the release of electrons which are then captured.Something to look at, I am looking at going to university in the fall, and one school sent a booklet that had the "Why we are special" apparently someone there had developed a technique of storing hydrogen embeded in solid carbon, or something of the sort, thus making it much safer to store and transport!

well it looks like ive sparked a bit of a disscussion now :) im am sorry i havent been talking recently i have had computer problems and couldnt get on so i hope we can keep at it now i am back :(the thig is i havent realy heard anything related to this lately but ill keep you posted any way

I'm sure there are a lot of great ways to end our need for oil.... But you must remember that today's world is built on oil. The economy of the world is based on oil. Everything works with oil (or a derived product of oil). If someone would say: "I've invented something that could totaly replace oil!" I'm sure the next day he will be dead. I've heard about the profits of the companies for the oil industries. Hundreds of billion (!) dollars profit every year. Many of them have a capital far larger them what most of the countries produce every year. In other words this companies have a far greater power then some guverments of the world. They run the world, not the puppets we call presidents and guvermentas. These companies will never let something or someone threaten their profits and power. Just like in the drug industry, where a complete cure is never good for the company. So for as long as there is a drop of oil left we will still use it. Alternative fuels will be used more and more, but the key parts of the world will still use oil.PS: Sorry for going off topic...

yeah. .i read somewhere on bbcnews about a company somewhere in europe designed a car that runs on compressed air. I'm pretty sure it also run on gas because it needs an external energy to recompress the air.Well, to be more realistic, car running on air is kinda a bad idea even though it works because as the pressure in the tank decrease, the power of the car also decrease. An alternative is of course, hydrogen fuel. Honda designed a home electricity/heat/hydrogen generator. The generator connects to your already existed gas pipe and use that gas to generate electricty and heat. And of course, the most efficient way to extract liquid hydrogen is to extract it from gas (you can extract it from water but that would require more energy, unless you could find an effieicent way to generate electricity from solar power but then why not use the energy that is generate from the sun instead). So soon, you would have your own power plant / gas station right in your house.