xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
loosu

Human Teleporter

:lol: My idea is this . I know , that the basic element making every flesh on the human body , are the CELLS . And they mus be made up of its constituents , namely Electrons , neurons , etc ....If and only if we had known , how they create life , we can save the pattern of the Electrons , found in a human body , we can save the pattern , destroy the one present and reform it in another place , via transporting the pattern , using suitable media . Then , they can reformed , to get back the body and the mind . But we have to know the secret of life ...

jup thats how they do it.I mean how would they like to do it, becouse there are problems dude.. problems :lol:Like first, if you wont to memorise cells to hard disk of 80giga, you will need so many hdds that if you put one on the top of other they would go to the moon :lol:)oke but thats not a big problem, soon there would be bigger hard disk or something similar.. blue ray ... storage is one small problemBut what if you dont "destroy" human that was scaned for cells... would he be the real or that other... what if you kill someone.. they can make new one in factory... that all looks tooooo freaky for me.Im sure something about teleportation would be done in future... but im sure that it wont be like on holywood movies :lol:i herd that few years ago they managed to teleport light... of few nanometars... its few nanometars but its teleported, nanometar by nanometar... ill need to copyright myself in future ;)have fun

but what is it all went wrong and you lost some of your cells or they accidently got put on anoither storage space that would be very bad as you could end up with somones leg or arm lol

While in theory that may seem possible it practice it would be next to impossible. First of all to be able to store the information of the trillion+ atoms in a human you would need amazing storage capacity. If this was done you could have countless mutation due to coruption of the data. Next you would need a machine that could build accurately at the atomic level. We can't even see individual atoms clearly, how can you build with what you can't see? Even if such a machine existed how long would it take to contruct an human? You would die from bleeding by the time your legs are constructed. Bascially all this teleporation device would be doing is destorying a person and building their clone. Why destorying the person? Even if this did suceed you would have people saying it is not ethical because your are destorying a soul. I don't believe that kind of stuff but there are people out there who do.

It sounds easy when you say it and that, indeed, is the general idea. But someone calculated that for teleporting only a cell it would be required to store and transmit millions and millions of terabytes of information, which is still beyond what we can do. Not to mention the fact that there is no device for the process of mapping the human body and reforming it. Still the idea sounds great and turism would really benefit from it... Maybe in 50 years, who knows?

There is one problem (ignoring the current scientific obsticals)--would that still be the same person once they were teleported? Or would it be creating an entirely new person in the same form. Another way of phrasing the question is: would the line of conciousness nessacarily be congruent? The second, teleported, version of you would retain all your old memories, but wern't they just "born" a few seconds ago? And didn't you just "kill" the origonal person. Congruent appeariances and reactions are great, but don't nessacarily entail the streamlining of an individual.

I believe in a soul. Will you machine transport something spirtual? Nope. Only material. You don't want to trasport a zombie! By the way i will be your tester!

Are you saying that humans are made up of cells which are made up of electrons.This is completely wrong.Cells are made up of proteins and billions and billlions of other types of things. These in turn are made up of atoms. Atoms are made up of not only electrons but protons and neutrons as well. These are, according to string theory, made up of vibrating strings of energy which are vibrating thought 10 or 11 dimensions. It is not as simple as creating a pattern of electrons but much more complex. Then you would have the added problem of manipulating these particles into different atoms in to the perfect order.Not very likely?

This technology is far too ahead of our time. If you we’re to break someone down into data, it would take forever to even transfer it, what if the connection broke in the middle? What if someone hacked in… The uncertainty factor is too great for anyone to want to use a teleporter like that. Even if you discovered a way to reconstruct cells, you would have to scan someone’s body for ever bit of code which would take forever. Brain cells, memory cells will be extremely hard to copy and reconstruct. And like mozzer said, it would be extremely hard for something to form in the right structure, you would have to do it instantaneously and accurately, moving millions of particles.

Edited by dark_drgn (see edit history)

the theory is correct, we'd need something to record our cell organization and dna and all that ton of info....and then be able to recreate it. one thing though, is that what about our brains. If you built someone (assuming you could create cells and life) exactly the right way, you'd get everything but the memory stored inside the brain. You'd be like a full grown *person* sapien with a blank, empty head. If you think about what we can imagine now....it's hard to think of a conceivable way that teleportation is even theoretically possible

Indeed, the whole idea of this is far fetched to say the least. But I believe it will happen one day, and it will happen soon, maybe in my life time. Just think, 100 years ago, no one would have thought of a computer. 50 years ago, a computer was made, it needed its own power plant, was the size of a building, ran on valves etc, but it was made. 10-15 years ago, a 166Mhz Processor was all the rage, and a 1GB HD. Now we can potentially have terabytes of storage, and gigahertz of processing power. There is another debate entirely to do with the soul transfer, and the risks. But I think it is possible.

as soon as you destory the original person by breaking them down into individual atoms they are dead. you've murdered them. if you can recreate them again somewhere else it is a clone, not the exact some person. think of it like this - could you have 2 of them at the same time? yes. then one isn't the same person.

As Amhso said, there's much more to a functioning human than the sum of it's parts. Memories are a combination of chemicals, eletrical impulses, and neural connections that would be so complicated to recreate, the chances of actually doing it would rival the chances of Evolution itself.Also, according to the Quantum Theory (or relevant material), one cannot transport an object from one place to another instantly - one can only duplicate the object. In an experiment, two atoms were placed in seperate containers. Scientists were able to turn Atom A into Atom B, but not because Atom B moved - only the properties of said atom were transferred. So, if one was able to recreate a human using a similar technique, one would have two identical humans (which may or may not function and think exactly the same).No, I'm afraid the only way any kind of teleportation could be done (as far as we now know) would be by sending a person to an alternate dimension in which space is disproportionate to space in this dimension (i.e. an inch in the other dimension would be a mile in this one), and then bring one back into this dimension. Kind of like putting a door through a wall instead of walking around it.Star Trek certainly does make for good entertainment, but very little of it is possible, or even practical.