xisto Community
psychiccyberfreak

What Is Youos? Yet another online operating system

if you saw my thread way back about eyeOS, this is way better. YouOS is just like that exept way better, and it's hosted for you. it's in alpha, but it's great. If you have mozilla it works best in thatit has great AJAX and DHTML, and works really good, but sometimes it freezes up when loading certain programs. Other then that it's really greatyou can develop for them, it's all web based in AJAX. it's easy too.Some apps are an MP3 Player, file uploader, wallpaper changer, a shell style command line, chat, instant messages, and rich text editors. You can look for my app "psych designs explorer" and the comming soon "unnoficial YouOS Message Board"Ir's awsome, and they do need more testers, and its easy registration, too!If you want, add me (psychiccyberfreak) to the buddy list. I need some friends on there.

Comparing to eyeOS, I think eyeOS look and feel is alot better. It rather resembles nearer to the Mac operating system. On the other hand, YouOS resembles more to the basic Linux interface, pretty featureless still. In terms of workability, YouOS seems to respond better to mouse clicks especially moving a window's position and bringing forward a window that is behind others.I'm having trouble to add/install new applications in YouOS. It simple got stuck there. Nice findout anyway.

yeah when I had more then one app running in eyeOS, I lost alot of my data that I had unsaved. YouOS works better when it comes to that. YouOS is fine as long as you set your own walpaper. I still have a prob when one app is loading, but it freazes up and you can't log off so you have to go into mozilla (which I don't have at school) and fix the problem and its really annoying.

I haven't heard of anything called Youos before but having said that, I haven't heard of eyeos either. They sound pretty cool, but to be honest, I haven't tried any of them.I may decide to try some of them in the future, as they sound fun, shame about the crashes though!

I have used eyeOS many times before but I never heard of YouOS. Must be because is still in alpha development. eyeOS looks prettier but YouOS is far more powerful than eyeOS. I like it very much and I haven't got any problems with it yet...

communicate with the remote server. This allows users to save an environment to return to later, and for multiple users to collaborate using a single environment. The software is currently in alpha stage.

An easy-to-use application-development API is provided for YouOS, as is an IDE for development. This has allowed for the creation of over 150 applications for YouOS.

Notice from serverph:
use QUOTE tags when lifting verbatim contents copied from other sites/sources. copied from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouOS

quotes added. REVIEW Xisto FORUM RULES & TOS.

i think the most significant difference is that its possible to use together one os so you can share with your friend applications and preferences but i dont know how secure something like this is and if big files can be stored online

if you saw my thread way back about eyeOS, this is way better. YouOS is just like that exept way better, and it's hosted for you. it's in alpha, but it's great. If you have mozilla it works best in that
it has great AJAX and DHTML, and works really good, but sometimes it freezes up when loading certain programs. Other then that it's really great

you can develop for them, it's all web based in AJAX. it's easy too.

Some apps are an MP3 Player, file uploader, wallpaper changer, a shell style command line, chat, instant messages, and rich text editors. You can look for my app "psych designs explorer" and the comming soon "unnoficial YouOS Message Board"

Ir's awsome, and they do need more testers, and its easy registration, too!

If you want, add me (psychiccyberfreak) to the buddy list. I need some friends on there.

I have never heard of that operating system what country is it in?

Notice from KuBi:
Make sure you use actual quotes, and just just ""'s

Way too cool. I imagine systems being wireless internally. Communicating to each other through wifi.Very kewl! ~~^_~

WOW. These online OS's are the coolest things! I had never even heard of them until now, but they are freaking awesome. I love the idea of going to a library, logging into your very own desktop and working or even playing around on it. All without installing ANYTHING. It's just too cool. I personally prefer eyeOS right now. Just because it's cleaner, has a great documentation, and you can host it on your own anywhere you want. :) It's just like.... wow. Can't wait to earn back my hosting here so I can set it up. :)

WOW. These online OS's are the coolest things! I had never even heard of them until now, but they are freaking awesome. I love the idea of going to a library, logging into your very own desktop and working or even playing around on it. All without installing ANYTHING. It's just too cool.

Same here. As soon as I read this forum I was instantly intrested in YouOS. I tried the demo and after 15 minutes and everything tested, I was registered to it. You'll never see me register to anything that fast ever again! It's just that good.

Voidless Shadows, no. An Online Operating System is part of a website, and it acts like a real computer would, but it is online so you don't need to download anything.Online Operating Systems are not actual OSes (well not yet, anyway), but they are very good nonetheless.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)