xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Prayer Sucks! what the heck do you people do it for?

I think that that's an interesting point. God knows what you think and therefore knows when you're lying. So what good is praying lies to God when you don't mean it? I'd imagine that just annoys God because it completely undermines the entire point of prayer. Prayer isn't designed to "keep God at bay". Prayer isn't a chance to give some time to God before contridicting it in your lifestyle.

If people do only pray when they are in trouble then that is also annoying God, not becuase it's not benefiting Him in any way, but because it's not benefiting you! Do you think that the kind of relationships that last the longest are a) ones where the two people care deeply about each other or -_- ones where one partner seeks only to gain personally from the relationship. The answer is a), and links into prayer. If you seek to only gain personally from God, or by only giving a few seconds of prayer in your "time of need" then the whole thing falls apart.

praying when you don't feel it it's useless, because you are throwing away your own saliva

By the way, do you spit while praying? -_-

Back on point, my school is pretty traditional and we are forced (enphasis on the forced - they haven't yet introduced electric cattle rods :lol: ) to go to both Christmas and end-of-year services at the Abbey lasting a couple of hours each. My RS teacher is of the oppinion that there should be lessons provided a school for those who don't want to go. Although this would probably be not very many people, it means that people of other religions and Atheists etc. could stay out of worshiping a God they don't believe in or feel comfortable in worshipping in that way. The other point is that the attitude amongst people in the school about the services, and therefore Christianity in general, is one of boredom and traditionalism. Prayer that is only used at the last minute instead of every day (/regularly) is prayer probably used by people with the stern traditionalist viewpoint on Christianity. Am I right?

People pray because they believe in god, does not matter which one. But there are also many who just like to show off or want to just get benefited from it.If you do anything with belief, it is going to work. but if you are just doing it for sake of something then i dont thing it will work ever.If you dont believe then dont pray but do not criticised(?) it....