xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZPGames

Domain Issues

My old domain expired. (zpgames.com). I decided to register a whole new domain and change the name of my company to zpgamez.com. Anyway OpaQue told me to put it as a parked domain and it goes to the main site and all but when I click on links it kicks out a 404 error. I thought I must have to edit all the links on the website. When I went into Cpanel to start editing I got another 404 error. I tired to take a picture of it to upload but when I tried to open it, it said zpgames.com/untitled.bmp can not be found. It should be under zpgamez.com/untitled.bmp.If you could acctually understand a single word of this help would be greatly appreciated.

to be honest, i'm a little lost with your problem. but let me try just the same.

zpgamez.com (your new domain) brings up a "working" page for me.

here's a partial screenshot:

Posted Image

as you can see, images are not showing from the example above. rework your relative links for the images, to see that they work properly. also check your hotlink settings: if it is enabled and if the domain you are using is included in the permitted sites to access those images.

as for links giving you a 404 error, it simply means the page you are trying to access is NOT present in your hosting space as linked; you could have missed uploading it, or you placed it on another folder altogether.

in your *working* "under construction" page above, Development Blog and Email Login are still linked to your old domain (zpgames.com). Market Wars on the other hand, is using your new domain, but when clicked goes to your old domain... dunno how that happened. when the is changed to [z] on the browser though, it will give you your market wars subsite. try hardcoding the full URL in your page temporarily and see how it goes.

I think I need my actual account name changed to zpgamez.com. I never reregistered to zpgames.com so it just isn't working. By the way serverph, thanks for trying to help but frankly I didn't understand a word. :angry: