xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheMessage

Linux Will Embrace Tpm Linux kernel will support Trusted Computing

Ok What does this mean!

Linux will also support Trusted Computing!
Come on! Why does Linux need Trusted Computing!
I new the Linux community should have never gotten into bed with MS!
Now this will make the opensource community $$$ hungry!
Think about it! Why does Linux have so much support from the powers that be!
Could they have something up their sleve?
This TPM chip must be destroyed!
They mak it sound like it will help us and protect us from Malware thats just the wolf in sheeps clothing!

Heres a link! Linux is about to become Microsofts SLAVE!

http://www.computerworld.com.au/

No they wont since if microsoft can program the TPM then so can Linux developers. The reason they had to support it is since computers are going to be built with it, if they dont support it then the whole operating system would not able to work and would just disappear. It is a great move too since then people will know how to work with the TPM so it will help people get around some of its problems it causes users.

I agree with what fffanatics said. I mean, if most (if not all) computers are going to have this chip in them, then Linux will have to support it. I'd hate to see a decline in Linux users because of that stupid chip. I'm glad to see that it will be supporting it.

Not supporting TPM would be extremely shortsighted. It's basically hardware-accelerated strong crypto. Specifically, it does RSA, SHA-1, and PKCS, stores secure keys, and provides a TRUE random number generator. You know what uses these functions? PGP and its free cousin GPG. Ever sent a GPG signed ad encrypted email? Ever installed a signed software package? The functionality that TPM provides is something we can (and should) use.Go here: https://www.grc.com/SecurityNow.htm and listen to Steve Gibson's take on it.Besides, there's been support in the Linux kernel since about to.6.13 provided mainly by IBM.-Barry