xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sprnknwn

Bandwidth Mail i?m receiving alerts about bandwith usage

Hello, I have received mails during this weeek telling me that my website had reached 80% of its bandwidth limit. But I?ve checked it on cpanel and my stats are right now 813.99 / 5000 MB... and I?m working these days on the site, constantly uploading and testing things so I suppose that normally I wouldn?t use as much. But anyway it?s not near the limit and it?s definitely not around 80% so... what can I do? Am I doing something wrong? By the way, I haven?t experienced problems... I mean, the website hasn?t got down in any moment.The mail tells me to contact the system admin so here I am.

Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

my website had reached 80% of its bandwidth limit. But I?ve checked it on cpanel and my stats are right now 813.99 / 5000 MB...

what about the storage? where are the figures for that? Is it possible you are looking at the Bandwidth and the email said Storage?

what about the storage? where are the figures for that? Is it possible you are looking at the Bandwidth and the email said Storage?

Thanks jlhaslip, but it talks about bandwidth. Anyway my storage used is 48.82 out of 150.00 MB :angry:
Should I PM Opaque?

I would definitely ask a moderator or an admin about your predicament, as it seems that either there is a fault in the system, or that you may have not updated the figures on the control panel. If I were receiving emails such as these then I would definitely want to know why I was receiving them. When I was with my old web host (it only had 100 MB bandwidth) I used to get emails all the time saying that my bandwidth was close to used up, or that it was used up. It turns out that the emails were old, as I never checked the date and the bandwidth wasn't used up as it stated. So when I found out I wasn't as confused as I was before.Maybe the email was about your bandwidth but you received it before the end of the last month, so by now it had reset and you have used a bit more? That would seem to be the reason why you were getting those emails. But I think that you should always PM a moderator or an admin if you ever come across a problem such as this, I hope that I may have helped you by providing you with some ideas and maybe even given you the reason why.