xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Maxthon and Firefox. Firefox shouldn't need an introduction, but I can say a few words about Maxthon.

Maxthon is a browser which uses the IE core and basically improves IE quite a lot. It has tabbed browsing, search from the address bar, ad and pop-up blocking, URL aliases/nicknames, mouse gestures, easy page translation, and other things. It's very nice, but it's still IE, which means that it can display things strangly. Luckily the development is ongoning to have it run smoothly with the gecko engine as well.

The URL aliases is one thing that I really miss with Firefox, and I haven't been able to find out if there is a plugin/other solution for it. And I don't really feel like I have the time to dive into firefox plugin development and make it myself right now.

URL aliases let you set an alias so that you can (for instance) type "t17" and have the browser go to "http://forums.xisto.com/index.php;. It's very handy.

I also use Opera and Netscape from time to time to check that webpages that I (or someone else) made look okay with them as well.

plugins that even let you spoof referrer, user-agents cannot be found in any other browser.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Opera has let you switch user agents since the dawn of time. And if you use a browser which can't do that you could always use Proxomitron.

I use to use IE before it got F-ed up .... Now I use mozilla and netscape... they are alright but I prefer IE because it is easier and I know how to use it more lol

I use Firefox and MSN explorer i find MSN Ex suits what i need and i dont need much, i usually just use my viewer anyway so browsers arnt very important so im not a very good candidate for this dicussion.

Oooh, thanks! Today you are my hero :rolleyes:

I forgot to mention that I don't use the standard Firefox, but instead the SVG enabled version. SVG is an XML based vector image format. You can get the SVG enabled firefox here. That's the only difference between standard and my version though, mine can show SVG images, normal Firefox can't.

There aren't that many sites using SVG to be honest, but it's nice to have it when you stumble across one site that does.

I use Internet Explorer, because it's equipped with Windows and it is most commonly use in the world, therefore it has good support with most of the websites. A few years ago, I have tried to use Netscape, but the speed was very slow at that time, therefore I make up my mind to use Internet Explorer in the future.

I use AOL and Mozilla Firefox. Sometimes, I'll use Internet Explorer, but most of the time I'll start out on AOL and then go to Firefox. I expecially like using Firefox because of the extention that allows you to see how much mail in your gmail account without login in and theen finding out you have no mail. Although, alot of peope hate AOL, I like it. The only drawback is that its twenty four bucks a month, and it doesnt offer much more than Mozilla or Internet Explorer.

i use..... LoL Many of them1. Firefox: My friends can make it a lot faster by reducing some unseful script, i dunno how to do that or he just blaughed at me :rolleyes:2. Opera: Yeah it's damn fast, but i dunno how to set javascript become available in opera, and since opera don't have activeX plugin, i can't use it to open my gmail account, for gmail i use3. IE 6: hahaha LoL everybody will finally go back to IE, it is complete after all

i use..... LoL Many of them

1. Firefox: My friends can make it a lot faster by reducing some unseful script, i dunno how to do that or he just blaughed at me :rolleyes:

2. Opera: Yeah it's damn fast, but i dunno how to set javascript become available in opera, and since opera don't have activeX plugin, i can't use it to open my gmail account, for gmail i use

3. IE 6: hahaha LoL everybody will finally go back to IE, it is complete after all

41783[/snapback]

firefox don't have activeX either, but I can check Gmail just fine.

I use Firefox for most purpose, for some pages not working well in firefox, I use IE.

I downloaded Firefox some days ago, because some pages didn't work with IE..At the beginning it's hard to get used to firefox, so i sometimes still use IE, like now...I've seen some pages that look a bit different in firefox...But I still like IE best because I've used it for so long, but maybe it's that I don't need any really good features, just that I can browse around the web..But firefox is really good as well...

I downloaded Firefox some days ago, because some pages didn't work with IE..At the beginning it's hard to get used to firefox, so i sometimes still use IE, like now...

I've seen some pages that look a bit different in firefox...

But I still like IE best because I've used it for so long, but maybe it's that I don't need any really good features, just that I can browse around the web..

But firefox is really good as well...

41828[/snapback]

Internet Explorer cannot read new styles CSS created since 1999 so I think Mozilla Firefox is better. And Internet Explorer isn't really secured... It lets pass a lot of undesirable cookies and you can't read them. With Mozilla Firefox you can :rolleyes:

Look at this :) :

http://secunia.com/community/

http://secunia.com/community/

I now use Firefox. After I found some configuration options firefox is as fast as Opera, so I use it now becouse of it stability