xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i have been using firefox about 2 years now. and i think it's great. it has features like tabbed browsing, search toolbar, rss reader, nice word finder. and you can install many extension and themes, and you can create it too since it's an open-souce. and you can use png images and it will appear as transparent, internet explorer plan to release this feature in next version. you can also delete you private date easily with one click in firefox. only problem is that some webpages still don't support firefox.internet explorer 7 is releasing soon, i have tried the beta and it also has similar features like tab browser, rss reader, search toolbar. but we will see how is really is when the final version comes out.so, currently my favorite is firefox.

Edited by ROL (see edit history)

I am going to try FireFox but my friend said that the download speed for FireFox is 50 % (Or something , I don't remember) slower than Internet Explorer 7 so I really hesitate for it. Please help me , is what my friend said true ?

i use firefox as my web browser, and Free Download Manager for my downloads :)

my very first internet experience (around 10 to 12 years ago), i used IE, but 8 years ago, i switched to Opera. Why? - because of the internal tabbed windows, and for the speed :P I open a lot of sites at a time, and it cramps up my desktop ! ..at least with tabbed windows, it only cramps up my browser :P furthermore, the sites i visit don't update themselves every minute, or every day :D thus, i'd rather cache them with opera, than reload it everytime with IE. Thus allowing me for instant browsing as long as i've recently visited that page. but if ever i want to load the page again (for frequently updating pages), all i have to do is refresh the page B) not much work in it :D ...and as a bonus, i LOVE mouse gestures :P mouse gestures goes well with opera :P i can go back and fort 10 pages in my history in just 3 seconds :P

but just this year, i switched to firefox :P why? - for the growth :P with its popularity and support from different users / developers, i can customize my browser to my needs :P
Edited by franz see (see edit history)

I use konqueror because it integrates with my desktop environment (KDE) very nicely and has a lot of neat features like web shortcuts and a built in adblock. Also it shares the rendering library with safari so it is being worked on by 2 teams of developers and it was the 2nd engine to pass the ACID2 test (after opera)!But sometimes I with that firefox was written for KDE instead of GNOME because some of the availbile extensions for it look really cool and nifty.

I am also kinda anti-microsoft. I was upset when they didn't get CSS right for IE the last time. I really didn't think that Firefox would have this majority!! Firefox is the best IMO, but sometimes if I have a lot of tabs opened, it can take over 160,000 kb of memory (task manager - memory column).

i feel wppwppwpwpwpwwits great, Mozilla Firefor, the best browser i used!!!!!!!Its great, i can using tabs easily, not like IE 7!!!!:)

Well i personaly like IE but firefox is good but you can't delete it :) i got it and had to do a system restore to kill it >=) my freind found this image of firefox eating IE Posted Image I like the pitcure but firefox just ain't my thing i like IE much better

~Agent Austin~

I have used Firefox, Opera and the ever mighty Internet Explorer and in my opinion IE rules the roost till this day. It might have some bugs but I still love the feel of browsing the web the old school way. Three cheers for IE.

I have used Firefox, Opera and the ever mighty Internet Explorer and in my opinion IE rules the roost till this day. It might have some bugs but I still love the feel of browsing the web the old school way. Three cheers for IE.

I havn't heard of Opera can you give me a link. IE is the best it is safe and it is compatible with almost all downloads and other stuff. It also doesn't fail on me and i can trust it not to hack my computer. I like IE with its favorites and other toolbars. You can download more toolbars like "Google" but google has came out with a new tool bar for firefox. This is helpful to you that use firefox.

I havn't heard of Opera can you give me a link. IE is the best it is safe and it is compatible with almost all downloads and other stuff. It also doesn't fail on me and i can trust it not to hack my computer. I like IE with its favorites and other toolbars. You can download more toolbars like "Google" but google has came out with a new tool bar for firefox. This is helpful to you that use firefox.

Here is a link to the opera homepage: http://www.opera.com/
You should try opera right now and discover that opera web/wap browser is the best!
Here are some opera features: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Go here to see how opera looks: /legacy

I personally think Firefox is better. Although I've only used IE and Opera besides Firefox, I love it the most because it is very customizable AND it protects you WAY better from getting viruses and other harmful things than IE. You can also add plugins to make your browsing experience more enjoyable. I like to use the Stumble Upon on Firefox. Anyone that's ever stumbled knows why ehehe.. Anyways, I think that it doesn't really matter in the long run what people think is a better browser because everyone is different as well as their browsing prefrences. Since this is the case, I think anyone that is creating a website to be viewable by the public, they need to take whatever steps necessary to make it compatible with ALL viewers instead of a select few.

firefox cant support WMP media in its browser, or even in pops or externally

My coffee cup holds coffee better than my fish net - but I still use Firefox for all of my browsing needs. If I ever need to view a WMP, I would probably use "classic media player" (not the memory hog "Media Player 9").