xisto Community
jaylin

What Is Love? I need a definition to use

does any one have the complete meaning abt that? the main thing that i want to know is :- how can i know i really love on a gal
- how can i know a gal really love me.

any one have any idea?
J

Untill today i thought i loved my partner, but even though in my heart i know i still do my actions dont say the same!last night i kissed someone else!iv been with my partner for years! im only 19 and ppl keep telling me we are 2 young 2 b together, that i am being held back in my life from what i should be doing!! my partner is very controlling and demanding! and very insecure, i just cant look at him after what iv done! we spend everyday 2gether and when we are not together we are on the phone! i know i love him, i love all the little things he does, i know what hes thinking before he even thinks it and he doesnt deserve to be treated like this! dont get me wrong he can be very posessive and nasty at times, he stays out all night, he fights a lot and is even facing prison!! despite his pitafalls i love him! i feel sick when i think of what iv done, AM I A HORRIBLE PERSON??? but i want to know WHY i did this! i feel like my life is in a mess, everythings going wrong! am i too young, what do i want! what should i do. if i told him hed finish me on the spot and i wouldnt let the reason we split be for a meaningless peck, its not fair on us both! i just want to know what to do next!
has anyone experienced anything similiar!

HELP!!!!

I think I know a perfect definition, we came up with it in a Bible study group of mine:There are 3 parts to love. First there's emotion. This is seeing the other person for who they really are and caring about them. From this emotion, you get the 2nd part, knowledge or memory of that emotion. This way when you're not feeling particularly emotional/loving you make the 3rd part, choice/commitment to acting in their best interests apart from your feelings. These continual choices apart from the emotions lead to more emotion for the person as you come to care even more deeply about them because of the commitment to them and their well-being.So love has 3 parts, emotion, knowledge/memory, and choice/commitment. I also would add it is most clear whether a person loves you when it comes down to acting in your best interests or their own. Love is also by definition caring about the other person at least as much as yourself. This is why Jesus says to love others as ourselves. When we have to choose whether or not to help the other person even though it means sacrifice and pain on our part, that's when the rubber meets the road so to speak. This is why so many people THINK they're in love these days, they think it's just emotion. But as the above definition shows, it's more then that. It means making self-sacrificing choices on their behalf, not necessarily to satisfy their wants, but rather their needs. If it's just about their wants, if they want to walk off a cliff you'd let them. But that's not love, love is warning them because you're concerned about their welfare even if they aren't. So many people divorce and break up dating/marriage relationships because it's all about the big ME. They don't care about the other person much. It's about what the other person can do, how they make me feel. Once they no longer get an emotional "high" feeling out of it, they're out of there. Once the other person no longer can provide them with finances or security or popularity they once wanted, they're out of there. They're in it just for what they can get out of it.Let me tell, that's not love. Our society thinks it is. I wrote a poem on the subject actually, here's what I think it's really called: LoveWhat all think they've gotAnd so many do notIt's life's biggest mustDon't confuse it with lustAny heart it can thawFulfils God's moral LawYou can give to the poorLet your body be burnedWork incredible miraclesSpeak in tongues never heardAnd if you're missing outOn this which you most needThen let there be no doubtYou have nothing indeedMany claim to serve GodBut escape this commandAnd they find it so oddThis is His great demandAnd for all of your knowledgeAnd wisdom, and powerWhich makes others to trembleAnd still others to cowerIf you're lacking in thisThen all you have is mootFor you're missing the pointThis, God's great attributeIt never harms othersIs patient and kindMeekly it suffersWith no evil in mindBearing all, believing allHoping all, enduring allNever failing, over all travailingThis, God's gift from above-This Is Love

The chase is half of the fun my friend... But you know you will love someone not from one large event or occurence. You know that you love someone from the ways that they affect your life in the small ways they affect your life. They are your goodmorning, your entire day and your goodnight. They are constantly on your mind, and when you are with them you are never more happy. (Mine is in Spain for three weeks and it's KILLING me)Knowing if another loves you is probably one of the hardest things to know. You just have to trust your instincts and go for it, take a risk or for the rest of your life you will be saying "What If..." and that will haunt you for a long long time. So my advice is to just put yourself out there because if you are in the position where you think you should take that risk and that you know that person that well, then the results should yield considerable joy... Ah...love