xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joe2Chance

Swf To Fla Decompiler

Hi all, i want to share with all you guys a program that i've been using for the last 4 months. The program name is Sothink SWF Decompiler and it is pretty cool, it have a lot of features, as for exemple:

You are surfing in the net and you see a beatiful flash movie, you just need to do right mouse click and then export to swf decompiler and voil? you got yourself a *.fla to open with flash and edit it to yourself!! :angry:

See this little flash demonstration.

You can take it here.

If you use Firefox browser it also have a Firefox extension so you can "catch" Flash movies from web pages.

Atention, this is the evaluation version,

only the first two ActionScripts will be decompiled and only the first TWO resources in each category can be exported. And be unable to export the ActionScript when exporting FLA file.

Notice from mayank:
Posting about cracks & serials..infact even mentioning them is bad...please be careful next time

Ummm, im not entirely sure but isn?t this sort of illegal? Because you are downloading the swf, but that alone is not illegal as it is there for your enjoyment. But what you are doing is converting someone?s work so that you can edit it, that seems a little illegal or at least down right mean. Think of it as if you created the swf file so that people could enjoy it, but someone converts it and edits it wouldn?t that make you sad? You created it yourself and someone else takes it and then decides to go ahead and edit it. What is stopping them from saying that they had created it, since they have the fla file many people will then start to think that they did actually create it. Even putting credits on the animation wont stop people from saying that its theirs, after all they do have the fla file so what?s stopping them from removing the credits? I do not know if that is illegal but it is very insensitive to go and create a program like that. Any way as you said, you spot a swf file on the internet that you like, what is wrong with just watching the swf file?

It may not sound right to edit someone's work and claim it for himself/herself. However, whether we like it or not, the technology of reverting a compiled flash file back to an editable *.fla file has been proved working, with the example given here. Even if it's wrong to edit someone's work, I think no much people will bother about this but to continue editing the work or extracting data, such as graphics, animations or sounds from the compiled flash file. On the other hand, people can start compiling flash files encrypted or irreversible such that their work can never be exposed.The whole idea about this software, flash to *fla converter, is to expose the original creator's work to this software owner, with itself saying like, "Hey I can expose and reverse your flash file. What can you do about it? Haha.." I believe, since such technology has been developed, security and privacy measures would be implemented like how companies in the software and music industries protect their CD or DVD content.

well i have been using the sothink decomplier for the past one year now , i think it is a really cool software but i use it for educational purposes mostly but to be honest i sometimes cant resist decompiling a cool animation and editing it ,i know it may be illegal but you can use it as a powerful tool for educational puprposes :angry:

Sothink swf decompiler is easy to use and it works well. You can also preview and export particular resources. As far as I know about using it, it can export the .swf file into .fla which you can edit. I have tried multiple times. Although I understand that this = stealing other people's creation, I am using this to learn about programming in flash and creating various effects.