xisto Community
Nani Cheri

Who Wants To Gain Weight?

Well I have also something bad running through my family but it's not low weight-it's high weight-when I don't train and I eat much sweet I can get some killograms in just a few days. But deal with this with going to fitness :P This way I gain some muscles and I control my weight. So I do wanna gain some weight but I am talking about some serious clean muslce weight not just fats from eating candy :P And it's not easy but serious training helps a lot B) Also some supplements help-for example for gaining muscle weight the best one is Whey Protein. So I see you also go to a gym to train-try taking some Whey Proteins from you trainer and ask him how you should take them-personally I take 1 dose(2 big spoons into 300-400 ml water) every day in which I don't train before I go to bed and when I train-1 dose after the training and 1 dose before I go to bad. Also just to tell you it's best that you don't eat 40-45 minutes before and after you have taken the Whey Protein B)

Man what would i give to gain weight lol, i'm a kinny guy i would say this past few months i've been hitting the gym and intaking alot of protein good carbohydrates and good fats, i was doing great until my fall semester started and i had to be a full time student which slack some time off me, now i dont eat as much, i dont hit the gym as often and it sux! i was going to try and hit 170lbs. oh by the way i'm 5'8 and i weight around 150lbs. And its a big deal because since i work out my muscles and i dont get enough sleep that is keeping from growing,.

Being into sports I really am a balanced person, I have a great appetite. For instance, for dinner tonight I had 2 chckcen legs 16oz of meat from the bird. another 8oz of stuffing and 8oz mashed potatoes and 3 peices of broccli. I play lacrosse so when I go out and practice I come back real hungry. Even when the season is over I still eat alot with not impact on my body shape or weight really, its kinda funny. I do gain weight but its just because I get more muscular, I also play waterpolo. I am about 5' 11'' and weigh about 140 lbs. Im not a very skiny person, yet not big boned either, sorta a perfect combination for my standards :o. I have such trouble gaining weight, ive started taking somotheis every morning to help increase my weight, although it might not seem like it I also race motocross and I need to be more heavy, compared to my CRF250R's weight witch is about 204 punds dry, about 225 lbs with gas. So for me its hard to really whip my bike around, but I have gotten used to the bike and I can really throw out some insane whips now these days :D Anyways ive been taking these smothies that I make myself every morning with some strawberries, milk, ice, Protein powder, bannannas, eggs x2, and last I put in some ice cream :D and yogurt. Its helped me alot with gaining weight, although it is gonna be awhile before I start gaining alot it will take some time, but also will help with starting my day with the right nutrients. I highly recomend drinking a good protein or smoothie, it helps gain wieght and helps you stay healthy.

Yeah, I weigh 142 pounds and I'm 6'4". Haha. I AM skinny. I have tried mass shakes, and protein for a period, and I eat a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also eat snacks a lot, and try to eat high calorie foods. I exercise enough, and I do at least 40 push ups everynight, but I don't know... I just can't seem to put ANYTHING on. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really have tried a lot.

I do. But not because I want to be fat.
It runs in my family that we are thin. And I love it! Im not thin like you can see my bones everywhere. And it's not that I'm not happy with the fact that Im thin. I do have fat in my **bottom** and legs and body hahaha but its weird cause my fingers are thin. Im very happy with my body, but I notice that I'm always cold in my hands and fingers!!! I think thats because i dont hold any fat in my fingers.
I just would like to have some fat in my arms and fingers hahaha sounds sooooooo weird I know. But just a normal amount of fat. I mean, fat isolates right????? hahaha

Because of my digestrion which is very good I burn my fat and I cant hold it orsomething.

I do sport. I do fitness, eat spaghetti, thought that would help gainig weight healthy. But I don't know. maybe I just have to wait untill Im older?? Im 18 know. My sister and mother are normal and are slim, but thats because they have children i think. When you are pregnant things change.

I know boys who want to become fatter and bigger too, because there are many boys who are very thin and slim. They don't like it. They want to have normal fat too. I can understand that.

Same thing. I guess, it's that our metabolism genes are weird :o In past week I ate 17 bagels (had to stay up doing homework couple nights) and have not gained a single pound!

did you know taht some people can never get fat however much they eat ? it is because of a certain genes and it as you mentioned runs in the family , but on the other most people want to be thin and they spend so much time and energy on it and still fail so i guess you are far better off thin than becoming fat and start another struggle to become thin ! by the way you said your body is ok so why do you care about your fingers ? nobody is gonna say you are thin by looking at your fingers so be kool you are one of the few lucky ones out there :o

thats not true. Actually, depending how much you eat of what, lets say you go out and buy a ton of ice cream, you will get a lot of weight. However, the more you eat of healthier foods, lets so more balanced foods, of course then you won't get more fat, unless the foods have a lot of calories.
As for the topic, I was just like you when I was 14 or so, of course im a lot bigger from doing what I will tell you now to do. I went in, and talked to my gym teacher and some of my football coaches. I said hey, I really wanna be a quarterback or linebacker, I got the arm for quarterback, as I'm already 2nd string. But the differences between me and first string, and me and the linebackers is, I'm small. I need to gain weight, and not just weight, muscle. They told me that many people have asked them before, and they said that, the perfect way, is first, get weights at home, or at a gym, or if your at a school, use those. Two, get a powdered protein drink, or just a protein drink. Then three, make one protein drink, drink it, wait half a hour, then work out for about 45 minutes. Do this every other day. I said to them, what kind of workout I should be doing. They told me to start out with low weights, remember low weights for high reps will tone your muscle. Which is what you want at first. So he told me to use low weights, and do weighted sit ups, and about 50 pushups, 50 situps, and 50 bench presses. The next day, do jogging for as long as you can. I did it with a friend, this is usually only used so you can run faster, and for longer distances, I don't know if you would really need it in your case, but I did. The day after that I would use weights. Remember though, to progressively get more weights, and to never, ever weight lift 2 days or more in a row. If you get in the habit of not weight lifting 2 days in a row, you will be fine, but if you do you will get very tired, and its very likely you will get injured. The way you gain the muscle is after you are done wegiht lifting, not during. WHich is why you should allow around 20-24 hours to rest.

hope this helps.

I'm looking for a healthy way of gaining some weight. However, when I say weight, I want to improve my BMI score which is very low. I am now 20 and I haven't gained any weight for at least the last 3 years. I am about 6'4" and I weigh less than 60kg(~130pounds). Apparently I need to weight around 70-90kg to be in the "OK" part. I don't have an eating disorder, I just don't gain weight very easily! Anyone have any good ideas?

Yes I would like to gain weight ......because for a person of the build i have must have weight around 66 kg ...but what I have got is just 58 kgs ...Everyone in my family is quite healthy ....and no body is too thin or fat..they are just fine....But me...I never gain weight ...I eat as much as I can...but every thing goes in vain...I have been trying to gain weight for quite a long time...but haven't succeded yet...One reason for my under weightness is the fact that I m very prone to diseases...and I get easily the normal ones like....fever...cold ...cough..etc...so even if I gain some weight after a long time...I m going to loose it ...when I get a fever..or something like that..So is there a way to make my immune system more strong so that ...I don't get infected so easily..Please tell me the protein powders available in the markets...are dthey of any use...as I hear that those have many side effects..Is it safe to use them...and are they going to help me gain some weight..Please help...

I have a very fast metabolism so even if I eat heaps and heaps of fast food, fat foods high in sugars, salt and oil I will not really gain weight but if I do it excessively well then I will.I myself wanna put on some weight and then turn it into muscle, I am not really skinny at all just like a normal teenage boy but wanna get a big fitter and more bulky for the footy season coming up so I'm going to go on a diet sorta thing but not really. I'm gonna eat healthily but eat heaps of healthy stuff, like tonnes. At the same time I'm gonna workout at home in my gym and go for some runs and rides. I've already started and I am starting to notice it already. My mates reckon I'm a tank now but I wouldn't go that far.

Same here Jezstarr. I can eat tons of food and I never gain weight. I don't know if it is because I have a fast metabolism (I don't even know if I do) or if it is because I am a very active person. I typically eat about 5 whole meals a day and I am only 143 pounds (5'10). The foods I eat are pasta, potatoes, pizza, junk food so you would think I would gain weight but I don't. It might be because I don't drink soda, I drink water all the time (better for my running).

We all have our answers already[i eat tons of food(and I mean mountains of it!) and never gain a single pound]. Nol has already set out what we all need to do. All we must do now is to check with our doctors and personal instructors before taking on any kind of routine or weight gain exercises to be sure we are ready for those kinds of things. Other than that, doctors have already told us what we need to do, all we have to do is to follow them.

I am indifferent towards whether or not I get fatter or just gain more muscle...so in the long run I will probably get fatter, atm I am 6 foot 2 and weight 130, so I am a bean pole for my size. In the end I hope I fill out a bit more as I become older, but there is plenty of time for that.so in short I don't aspire to be fat but I would like some padding so if I fall I will have cushion. so go go weight.