xisto Community
semeticsister

7 Deadly Sins: Which One Are You?

I think I'm more of a mix between Gluttony (try new things but move on once I get bored of it), Sloth (I do tend to be lazy from time to time) and Envy (depending on who I know, but I'm sometimes envious of other peoples' success).

I would have to say Sloth AND Lust. im only lazy until i have something to gain from working.

Yes, it's usual that there are many people out there that have commited all 7. That's why i'm amazed at the fact that some people only said that only one describes them.

[tab][/tab]that would be because we are to proud to admit that the human race is really not as evolved as we would like to think. Yes- we are smarter than ape's but there are a few who have failed Common Sense 101.

Again, amazed on how only few people admit they've done more than one..

Humans are very proud creatures, as a whole that is our biggest downfall.
Edited by PIPER-4-HIRE (see edit history)

that would be because we are to proud to admit that the human race is really not as evolved as we would like to think. Yes- we are smarter than ape's but there are a few who have failed Common Sense 101.

Indeed, many of us, are very proud of ourselves. But, if you believe in evolution, you would have no reason to believe that there is such a thing as sin. Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Indeed, many of us, are very proud of ourselves. But, if you believe in evolution, you would have no reason to believe that there is such a thing as sin.

I beleive that there must be both.

We were created by a supreme being, left here to fend for ourselves, with some guidance, with both forces vying for our souls.

I also beleive that we will be destroyed not by god (or buddha, mohammed, etc...etc...) but by ourselves, thus starting the evolutionary chain over again, rekindling the earth.

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself. Sir Richard Francis Burton (1821 - 1890)

To believe in God or in a guiding force because someone tells you to is the height of stupidity. We are given senses to receive our information within. With our own eyes we see, and with our own skin we feel. With our intelligence, it is intended that we understand. But each person must puzzle it out for himself or herself. Sophy Burnham

I beleive that there must be both.

It depends on what kind of evolution you mean. The Charles Darwin theory, or the fact that people change?

I also beleive that we will be destroyed not by god (or buddha, mohammed, etc...etc...) but by ourselves, thus starting the evolutionary chain over again, rekindling the earth.

Can you explain this a bit further for me?

[hr=noshade]

The Albert Einstein quote, i agree with it 100%. Even I, myself, have used it.

The Sir Richard Francis Burton quote, took me a while to understand it, and there's some truth in it. But, i cant really say if everyone is like that. Though, it does seem like that..

The Sophy Burnham quote, it is true, but even those that see can be blind, even those that hear can be deaf, etc, etc. And, i'm not talking literally.

[/hr]

Can you explain this a bit further for me?

Alot of ppl beleive that it will be the wrath of "the Supreme Being"(whatever shape He/She/It may take) will be the destruction of earth.

I beleive that mankind will eventually destroy itself, givin enough time of course, If you look at some of the world news over the last two yrs it becomes apparent that everything is connect, Scientifically and Religously, there is an old sayin "A Butterfly flaps its wings, and half way around the earth is a Hurricane." R they Connected? NO... however the meaning of this is to show that everything that happens no matter how trivial or minor can have consequences beyond human forsight. Th war in Iraq- Bush SR didnt finish it like he could have, The result- we now have GW trying to take over the world, Soldier are dying, innocent ppl are dying and yet nobody wants to aknowledge the signs of what some have called "The Apocolypse"

- The Unusually long and powerful hurricane season
- The Flood in Malaysia
- The Muslim Riots over the mocking of Mohammed
-ETC...ETC...ETC...

????[/tab] i say that the unusual weather is not doubt a large scale evolved version of the "El Nino" phenomonon from a few years ago, as a direct result of the way we treat the earth.

[tab]the muslim riots over the Mohamed incident is as large as it isbecause ppl around the world are lookin for a reason to hate each other since 9/11 and the war in Iraq.

Also... there is a massive power shift going on the Canadian Gov. is no longer liberal(Finally), Bush is no longer eligible to be elected, china is fighting to mecome the new superpower... we r part of a "world revolution", the way we know things now (world politics neway) will be obselete in 5 yrs. The United States will no loger be a super power after this war is over due to the massive debt it has incurred.

Indeed, some of our technology has ruined the earth, and continues to do so. Most of which was created for convenience. But, apparently convenience comes at a price.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss that part.

starting the evolutionary chain over again, rekindling the earth.

Now, if you would be so kind, discuss this part also. Or have you already, and i'm not able to see? Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Indeed, some of our technology has ruined the earth, and continues to do so. Most of which was created for convenience. But, apparently convenience comes at a price.
Thanks for taking the time to discuss that part.
Now, if you would be so kind, discuss this part also. Or have you already, and i'm not able to see?

the meaning of life is DEATH. thats is inevitable, the Airborne Motto was Death is Certain...Life is Not.
we live we die such is life, ashes to ashes dust to dust. when we die we are returned to the earth by burial where overtime we decompose feeding the many lifeforms in the ground...Thus rekindling the earth.

this leads to evolution, eventually.

the meaning of life is DEATH. thats is inevitable, the Airborne Motto was Death is Certain...Life is Not.we live we die such is life, ashes to ashes dust to dust. when we die we are returned to the earth by burial where overtime we decompose feeding the many lifeforms in the ground...Thus rekindling the earth.

Me understands :angry:. Everything that has a begining has an end. In a way, you could say, death gives life.

this leads to evolution, eventually.

Sorry, if you're becoming impatient with me, but i cant fully understand this part, cause i'm still unaware of what kind of evolution you're speaking of.

Me understands :angry:. Everything that has a begining has an end. In a way, you could say, death gives life.Sorry, if you're becoming impatient with me, but i cant fully understand this part, cause i'm still unaware of what kind of evolution you're speaking of.

evolution and adaptation of a species for survival. as well as personal evolution-ie. maturing with age.

I think I am Wrath and Envy.There are so many people I hate and despise.And so many things people have that I don't.

I would fall under the category of sloth. But i don't know much about the deadly sins. I just know sometimes I'm lazy and I only work when i want to or someone says something. I bet lots of people have this. I'm not that lazy that I won't help my mom clean up. Just sometimes pretend i'm asleep or something to not do things. lol. Than right now i could be finding my mail to send. but i'm not. so lol. i don' tknow to my limited knowledge it could be open for interpretation.

ha ha ha i come in all of them..Pride yes i am proud for whatever i do..Lust-whenever i enter college and see guys :rolleyes:laziness-unless exams are on head i never study.Jealous-of other girls lol