xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Poppy Lou

Amateur Versus Professional Art

Oh and I forgot to say thanks for motivating me into trying to make the site look better :D .

Lost track of this thread for a while, but now that I have found it again, I took a look at your site. :angry: What an improvement!!!!! How did you get so savy so quickly? The only thing I can comment on, other than to say, "Good Job", is the extra empty space at the bottom each page. Might I suggest that you use some of that space to repeat your menu from above. When one gets to the bottom of each page, one has to scroll all the way back up to the top to navigate the site. Placing a copy of the menu at the bottom would make navigation much easier. Then try to get rid of the blank area below that. And again, congratulations on designing such nice site. :angry:

P.S. Personally, I cannot see the difference between the so-called amateur artists and the professionals.

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Lost track of this thread for a while, but now that I have found it again, I took a look at your site. :angry: What an improvement!!!!! How did you get so savy so quickly? The only thing I can comment on, other than to say, "Good Job", is the extra empty space at the bottom each page. Might I suggest that you use some of that space to repeat your menu from above. When one gets to the bottom of each page, one has to scroll all the way back up to the top to navigate the site. Placing a copy of the menu at the bottom would make navigation much easier. Then try to get rid of the blank area below that. And again, congratulations on designing such nice site. :angry:

P.S. Personally, I cannot see the difference between the so-called amateur artists and the professionals.

Thanks for the advice ( and the compliments ), I'll work on that. It's been a great learning process for me, and hard work, but I have at last began to understand html a little better. I've probable updated it since you last looked at it, I've created buttons instead of just having text - only simple ones though.

Regarding the "professionals" I have been referring to there is little or no differnce between them and the amateur artists. In fact I think some of the amateur works are better than the professionals. Apparently to be classed as professional you must be making a living from your work, but for most of the individuals I am referring to that just isn't the case. They have assigned themselves the title.

Have you decided yet if you want any of the paintings? Can't wait to see which you choose, what a sad life I lead. :D

Thanks again

Can't wait to see which you choose, what a sad life I lead.

I emailed you at artfoliostaly@btinternet dot com about usings Gloria Schofield's "Home Sweet Home" piece. You haven't answered yet. Did you get the email?

I emailed you at artfoliostaly@btinternet dot com about usings Gloria Schofield's "Home Sweet Home" piece. You haven't answered yet. Did you get the email?

Sorry again for the delay, hope you have now got my email regarding Gloria's contact details.

I haven't heard from her since she agreed to go ahead so I hope all is progressing well.

Art is funny to me, sometimes the best artists are the ones who dont know they are good, other times the people who think they are good, are the worst. Why must it be called professional and amauter? Isnt art supposed to be an opinion? So if the professionals dont want to give you the time of day, then forget them. They obviously have taken art to their heads, and their heart isnt in it. You can be really good at something, but if its not from your heart its nothing.