xisto Community
illdevilinc

Flash 8 Need some help

Hey everyone!
Does anyone know of any examples or websites on how to do flash animation in flash Professional 8? Or does anyone have any advice on what i could build for my website (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) and if you can how to build it.
I recently got this software from macromedia (or Adobe now) and ive succesfully built my first crappy application!!! To see how crappy my application is view it here (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ if the Link dosent work). It works fully (i think) but to me it looks like crap and not worthy of being a intro. But anyways if you know how to work the application or just want to tell me how to use it or even build me a sample and are willing to please do it.
Thank you and for all those that help please consider becoming a voulenteer for my site because it is becoming harder and harder to manage it on my own. If you are intrested just go to this page (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ if the link dosent work)
Thanks again!!
And sorry if some of that was off topic and if anyone has a problem with it please PM me and i will edit it.

hi buddy!...well done! for a first app, i mean it is not somehting you can do in very short time but well done! what i want to tell you first of all is that if you bought flash and you are just thinking about doing animations, might not be the best solution or option to do it...you should have bought the cheapest version of flash....Any way if you are planning to produce flash APIs and that sort of stuff well welcome to the flash world! below (in my signature) you can see a link to my board, you ca ask all related to flash including the specal features in flash 8 if you wish to know them, hope to see you there! :-)

Forget about flash 8 or even MX, now there are some really good applications to build excellent flash websites, flash animations or just flash stuff.

Of course, the programs i am about to tell you are not free, you have to pay for them, but anyway, if you want them, just send me a private message and i will help you in this matter, don't worry.

Now, the programs are:

xtivity

This program has just been released, and you can build flash websites and animations with absolutly no programming involved (no actionscript) because the program does it all the programming, you don't even see it.

Xtivity is the best choise for advanced or begginers in flash technology, beleave me, i know.

-------

Swish or SwishMAX

This program, either one or the other, personaly i prefer swishMAX simply because it is the best for building flash websites, flash animations, or just flash effects with text and images.

SwishMAX has already tons of effects wich you can apply them on text and/or images, and it is pretty easy to work with, it is not hard as it is with macromedia flash mx or even the latest version, version 8, so i have to say that you wasted money, sort of, but don't worry, just contact me if you really want help on this issue.

---------

There are 4 more programs to build flash websites/animations, but i am tired of writing, sorry, but i am tired of working, in fact, i just got out of work.

Contact me thrue this contact form:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

or send me a private message to talk more about this matter, see you later.

By the way, you first animation is quite cool, nothing professional, but yet simple and good looking, at least for your first time, what you need is experience and the best programs to do what you want.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

well, as i see, people like to do it's job without work, it's true that you can animate images, text, or whatever you want, and sure you will get great results in short time because i have worked with swish and this kind of software too, but i think that it's better to manage your workflow and some other things by yourself, and instead animate text or images separately and insert it into your workflow in your flash develop environment.as you will know, flash brings you a lot of tools and classes to expand your abilities and develope dynamic applications that sure you can't do with swish, like interactive quizes, image applications, connections to databases, connections to web services, integrate 3d animations, file uploads and downloads, and applications that are a lot easier to do with flash and that no other applications can do.i have 3 years coding with actionscript, and i can tell you that flash is not only a great software, but also you will fun discovering all the features of this great software, and the best of all, with the next version of flash, under adobe management sure nothing will compares to it, because there are rumors that say that actionscript(the programming language of flash) will be native in the machine, not an active x control as today occurs, and sure flash will going to be the direct competition of java, it's only question of time.about the animation, i think it's good, it acomplishes its goal and works, but if you want an exciting interface you would better get your hands dirty, here is an excellent site were you can begin, https://www.kirupa.com/, here you will find all you need for beginers and advanced coders.if you want some help you could post me, i would like to do taht animation you want, by now i have a site, it's foxrock.myboard.info, it's not finished yet because i'm working on the version to launch with Xisto and sure it will delay a couple of weeks until Xisto unbans me, so good look and keep on posting.

there are tons of good tutorials on the internet that really helped me in my learning of flash. Truth be told, flash has a rather steep learning curve and it really helps if you have a bit of programming background because in order to harness the fullness of flash you need to go into actionscript.

actionscript is the programming language of flash and although you can do without it, actionscripting gives you more flexibility in your flash applications.

I'm still learning about flash honestly but this is the first time I'm having so much fun doing programming and designing.

Check out my website. It's done in flash, not the best site ever but i'm proud of it :lol: .

Check these sites out for good tutorials about flash.

https://www.kirupa.com/
http://www.gotoandlearn.com/
flashkit.com

there are tons of good tutorials on the internet that really helped me in my learning of flash. Truth be told, flash has a rather steep learning curve and it really helps if you have a bit of programming background because in order to harness the fullness of flash you need to go into actionscript.

actionscript is the programming language of flash and although you can do without it, actionscripting gives you more flexibility in your flash applications.

I'm still learning about flash honestly but this is the first time I'm having so much fun doing programming and designing.

Check out my website. It's done in flash, not the best site ever but i'm proud of it :lol: .

Check these sites out for good tutorials about flash.

https://www.kirupa.com/

http://www.gotoandlearn.com/

flashkit.com

your site is pretty cool, i like the menu, it's so original, and specially the light effect, i would like to know how did you do that, i'm working on a menu similar to this one you have in the way it is displayed, but totally different in content and colors and effects, and what you said is truth, with flash you really enjoy coding and design, i'm a coder and there is no coding software more funny than flash and always i found new ways to do my work.

Actually I got the light effect from somewhere else. Basically how it works is there are 5 different images used to create that one effect. With a combination of motion tweens you can create that effect. I can pass you the .fla file containing this effect if you want..

Actually I got the light effect from somewhere else. Basically how it works is there are 5 different images used to create that one effect. With a combination of motion tweens you can create that effect. I can pass you the .fla file containing this effect if you want..

thank you!, my gmail is sexomentirasyvideo@gmail.com, thanks again!

hello agentblade, thank you for the file, it's great, i was lost because i'm too bussy and the most of the time the only thing i can do is to check my mail, thanks again for the file, and the last thing, i would like to know in which software did you do that. thanks!

i think flash professionsal 8 is a pretty kool program....ive already made several falsh files myself...i usually check online for tutorials to find ways to use flash...but im having one problem so far in flash...i cant seem to find a tutorial to show n tell me how to make a close button on the flash to close it, the window...i have it in an animation which makes its trickier and ive been searchin for weeks when i think about lookn for it n get the time but nothing has worked for me so far....but i wus wondering if anyone here would know themselves how i can make a close button that would close the who window (the swf) durin a flash animation...and reply with the tut here or somewhereby the way nice job on your first flash file...its pretty good...i havent even tried makn buttons where it would take me to different pages....i usually mess with the animation

i think flash professionsal 8 is a pretty kool program....ive already made several falsh files myself...i usually check online for tutorials to find ways to use flash...but im having one problem so far in flash...i cant seem to find a tutorial to show n tell me how to make a close button on the flash to close it, the window...i have it in an animation which makes its trickier and ive been searchin for weeks when i think about lookn for it n get the time but nothing has worked for me so far....but i wus wondering if anyone here would know themselves how i can make a close button that would close the who window (the swf) durin a flash animation...and reply with the tut here or somewhere
by the way nice job on your first flash file...its pretty good...i havent even tried makn buttons where it would take me to different pages....i usually mess with the animation

i know how, i'll explain you the flash section, you will need to know javascript.
first make a button that calls a function where you call the method above:

getURL("java script:closeWindow()");

then in the html where is your swf embeded, you may embed the js function in the same html. this function called like the one you called in the flash section will contain the javascript orders to close your window, like this:

function closeWindow(){	//todo	document.window.close();							  //that function is something like that}

and that's all folks!

here a code in flash:

createClassObject(mx.controls.Button,"exit_btn",5,{label:"close window"});function exit(){	//good bye!	getURL("java script:closeWindow()");}exit_btn.addEventListener("click",exit);

Edited by epox (see edit history)

hello agentblade, thank you for the file, it's great, i was lost because i'm too bussy and the most of the time the only thing i can do is to check my mail, thanks again for the file, and the last thing, i would like to know in which software did you do that. thanks!

You're welcome.. I used Flash 8 to do my website..

i know how, i'll explain you the flash section, you will need to know javascript.first make a button that calls a function where you call the method above:

getURL("java script:closeWindow()");

then in the html where is your swf embeded, you may embed the js function in the same html. this function called like the one you called in the flash section will contain the javascript orders to close your window, like this:

function closeWindow(){	//todo	document.window.close();							  //that function is something like that}

and that's all folks!

here a code in flash:

createClassObject(mx.controls.Button,"exit_btn",5,{label:"close window"});function exit(){	//good bye!	getURL("java script:closeWindow()");}exit_btn.addEventListener("click",exit);

yo epox i tried it out and i dont know it didnt work...maybe i just didnt do it correctly..do you think you can send me a fla file with the code done and working? and hopefully i can use that to help out with my project that im working on...thanks...

yo epox i tried it out and i dont know it didnt work...maybe i just didnt do it correctly..do you think you can send me a fla file with the code done and working? and hopefully i can use that to help out with my project that im working on...thanks...

here you can find all you need, it's better work with fscommand than getURL due to reasons of security, because the browser won't let you run the javascript code.

flash with js

the javascript function is:

window.close();

good luck!