xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Phpbb Password Protector Any Good Ones Out There?

I have searched and searhed and searched for a good Password Protection Mod for the PHPBB Forums, but i cannot find one that will work, i have uploaded the files necessary to the Admin/mods section, then i do what it says in the file that tells me how to do it, but they never work for me..
im Getting this..

Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/phillip/public_html/rpg/admin/mods/Password-protected forums 0.5.1/phpbb_root_path/db_update.php on line 22
Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/phillip/public_html/rpg/admin/mods/Password-protected forums 0.5.1/phpbb_root_path/db_update.php on line 22

Warning: main(): Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;) in /home/phillip/public_html/rpg/admin/mods/Password-protected forums 0.5.1/phpbb_root_path/db_update.php on line 22

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/phillip/public_html/rpg/admin/mods/Password-protected forums 0.5.1/phpbb_root_path/db_update.php on line 23

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/phillip/public_html/rpg/admin/mods/Password-protected forums 0.5.1/phpbb_root_path/db_update.php on line 23

Warning: main(): Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;) in /home/phillip/public_html/rpg/admin/mods/Password-protected forums 0.5.1/phpbb_root_path/db_update.php on line 23

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/phillip/public_html/rpg/admin/mods/Password-protected forums 0.5.1/phpbb_root_path/db_update.php on line 29

Now when i upload the files, i am seeing nothing like /common, or extension.inc so maybe i am not getting the full product, i am getting them from phpbbhacks.com...does anyone have one they are using that works that i can get from them? if so please let me know....

The best place to get instant support of this sort will be to go to the support forum/site where you actually downloaded the mod. Many of us don't use moded phpBB. They are the mod coders and will know the nature of your error easily.Also, whenever you install new mod try to read the installation guide and READ ME file that comes along with. There is very little chance to have such kind of error. And come again if they the support site cannot help you.I hope this helps!

What sort of Password Protection are you in need of for phpbb? The passwords are already md5 encrypted in the Database, so even Admins of a phpbb can't find out your password.

its a password protecting thing to password protect certin forums, in my instance my site has forums on it and we need to password protect the different common rooms (Gryffindor Hufflepuff Ravenclaw and Slytherin) so that noone but the students that are in the house can get into that forum and view the topics and what is posted on it...@Dragonfly, yeah it does help but i always ask for support on those typed of sites and never get any feedback, so i hardly even bother anymore these days*edit* I have solved the problem, its called a new forum :-D its called MyBB If anyone is having the same problem or just wants another forum you should try this!

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)