xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bigboss

Maple Story? Pretty pointless addiction

Ugh, I tried maple story once, and swore i'd never play it again. The grind is horrible, but not only that, the attacking is very monotonous. The only thing this game is going to do for you is wear out your cntrl key... Not recommended unless you're one of those people who really like grinding.

Lol, I clicked on the link and this pixelated huge headed chick with a tiny body was telling me to use explorer. =b stupid big headed chick. I didnt want to play anyway. Ill just run away crying and play dofus or something, cause at the moment Im too lazy to open internet exploiter.

yeah, maybe story is free you can get the account after downloading the game, and when it asks you to log in, it will ask you to register or you can register at the site.. the game is good but it takes a lot of time... 1 level takes me like 1 hour...and im at level 13 or 14 right now.. i like the party thing though.. and i don't like it how you have to spend real money to get some of that good stuff...i wish it was with mesos, but there is a lot of hacking so really the game is nto fair. ;)

Yes, Absolutely theres lots of hacking. There was one time I entered a map and saw very single monsters receive damage all at the same time, and they don't drop anything. Now people are using the Megaphones to tell GM about hackers, but seems like they don't do much. Probably because they buy lots of Cash Items and Gms' doesn't want to lost their real money customers since their paying real money to buy Cash Points. There are some stuff you can buy with mesos, but you can't wear them, their quest items. :P

Ugh!The mind numbing horrors of MapleCrack (as we call it in this household).My 13 year old is addicted to this time waster. You create a character and then fight oddities such as mushrooms, bigger mushrooms, snails, snails with different colored shells, tree stumps, etc. The more you fight the more you level up. The more you level up the more things you can fight.Yes there are quests you can go after and complete, however some of them can eat up numerous hours of your time.Yes you can deck out your character but the "cool" items cost you REAL money. You trade in your REAL money for Nexxon cash ( which you can find at places like 7-11) and it is with the Nex cash that you buy the items.Don't get me wrong. I'm all for the occasional bout of mindlessness ( my favorite Xbox360 game is Viva Pinata). I'm just not up for a game that takes forever to level up to get anywhere. A game where a lot of the other players out there are rude to beginners or take pleasure in taunting or scamming noobs. A game where to be cool you have to spend REAL cash for game items.To each their own though I suppose.Heaven knows it's one of the few motivating factors I have to work with for my son's grades.