xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bigboss

Maple Story? Pretty pointless addiction

I tought maple story was a korean RPG game like ragnorak just simpler... i dont think there is an english translantion... but i could be wrong...

Yeah, maple story is a korea game, but how do you mean with the english translation?

The site and the game is in english

50409[/snapback]

Hehehe... I didn't get it neither... I've already played maplestory, already created on account for me and I had no problem... :D .... I checked the date this forum was created but it says "Posted Today, 11:10 AM" so I guess there is a missunderstanding here... :D

maple story is in english version ... and the account signing up for beta version is now closed .. :D u cant get an account there .. or u can ask ur fren who has multiple account to give u one :Dor i can recommend a similar korean made english version 3d mmorpg game to u :http://www.roseon.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t Rose online this is a nice game also ... also in beta testing .. so it's free like maple story :D trust me im addicted to it ...

Well I was just wondering how many people here plays maple. If it's posible give me your character name and tell me if your in bootes or aquila I would be glad to add you in my buddy list.Oh not to mention my characters name in bootes are hacster lvl 19 warior ,frosdragon lvl 10 magician and frozdragon lvl 12 archer.In aquila it's rumbler lvl 9 magician.I would also be glad to party you if you would like! :)

..I remember playing a loooong time ago.. when it was still in Beta.. or Alpha, or something. It seemed pretty fun, at the time.. I remember spending forever, jumping up little ledges, somewhere, to get some flowers.. o.oBut now I can't remember what I did.. maybe I was an archer.. yeah.. I had to get lots of crossbow arrows.. ^^

Maple Story is a 2D platformer RPG with anime-ish graphics. I played it for a little while, but it was really repetitive, and all the higher level players would rush in and steal your experience. The servers would also go down a lot and it seemed like whoever made it didn't really care that much.

All of my last summer as basically spent playing Maple...I was a level 38 cleric, but then I stopped. It just got boring after a while--fighting mushrooms, getting killed by these boar things, and things like that.

I don't know why, but Maple Story is somewhat addicting.

What you do in the game, is basically, you kill monsters... and level up... so you can kill more monsters... and level up even more...

However, what is the fun of leveling up constantly, without a real goal? What benefits of Maple Story are there, that makes it SO addicting, yet, pointless and full of Grind?

Well, in a way, the POINT of the game Maple story, is just to level up. Period. However, the magic in its addiction, is that you can show off your character. You can make friends in the game, and actually enjoy spending hours everyday, pressing that CTRL button (to attack), and get "mesos" (in game currency). After you become a mesos millionaire, all you do is... show off. So in conclusion, lets put it this way: Maple Story is like life, you repeat a single action, and at the end, the only thing you can do is show your accomplishments...

Try it?