xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pinksardonic

Dan Brown thoughts on the author Dan Brown

After reading DaVinci Code, I had to have more. Dan Brown is great!I read Angels and Demons which is definitely one of my top-10 favorite books.I enjoyed Digital Fortress, too, but it was obvious that it was one of his earlier works.Any thoughts on Brown? Which book of his is your favorite?

Dan Brown writes one mean conspiracy theory. His facts tend to be a bit sketchy, but don't worry so much about actual facts. Focus more on what-ifs and think about it. i don't read to connect myself to the real world. I read to get myself out of it, and Dan Brown is perfect for that.

Dan Brown is a PHENOMENAL writer! I've read all four of his books, and all of them are great. I think the best one is Angels & Demons. Oh, Deception Point, Angels & Demons, and Digital Fortress all end the same way. :P Just read the last page of each, and you'll see, lol... I hope he writes some more books!

I have read Da Vinci Code and Digital Fortress. I liked Da Vinci Code so much that I cud not put it down till the end. It made me want to read the other titles from Dan Brown. The Digital Fortress was also good more coz I like encryption and the theories behind them... but this cud not come anywhere close to The Da Vinci Code...Got to read the rest too...hopefully soon...Cheers.

The DaVinci Code was an excellent read--all two or three hours it took to read it. Dan Brown is a very compelling writer, and his blend of fiction with fact is very skilled. I've also read Angels & Demons, but it lacked the controversy and bold character possessed in DaVinci. The book certainly had enough advertisement, what with all the attempts to make it unpopular. "Thank you Rev. So-and-so and Fr. Whats-his-face for feeding the fire you attempt to put out." Heheheh.

The primary theme of The DaVinci Code seems to be more along the lines of the maltreatment of women within the Catholic Church than an attempt to discredit Christianity. That was the point behind the feminine holy grail, Dan Brown's multiple allusions to female goddesses, and the entire character of Sophie Neveu, contrasted with the archaic and arcane doctrines, histories, and beliefs of the Catholic Church. The book was set up brilliantly.

My favorite one is Digital Fortress...Angels & Demons is good...I dislike Deception Point, not a bad book but...Havent read DaVinci Code yet, it just sits in bookshelf...Why I like Digital Fortress most?Becasue It's really fun to read how "main male char." solves the problems he faced in such a good ways. It was just like a non-tech spy movie...Remember the part in the end, they are trying to find the password for virus. It was ridiculus, they are thinking odd solutions.Why I dislike Deception Point?From the very begining, you guessed "it" is fake. And later, char.s also guessed it. So rest of the book char.s trying the prove something reader already knows for sure.

i completely agree with you guys in saying that da vinci code is a great bookbut there is a controversy brewing up against the book and a case has been already filed in against dan brown and he has also appeared for a hearing in londons high court , the claim is that brown copied ideas for his book from a 1982 book called the holy blood and the holy grail ,so the two authors of the book are suing the da vinci publisher which dinies the allegations

i completely agree with you guys in saying that da vinci code is a great bookbut there is a controversy brewing up against the book and a case has been already filed in against dan brown and he has also appeared for a hearing in londons high court , the claim is that brown copied ideas for his book from a 1982 book called the holy blood and the holy grail ,so the two authors of the book are suing the da vinci publisher which dinies the allegations

All that's gonna do is create more publicity and more sales for Dan Brown. Even if he loses the case, he's gonna be able to afford it.

I love Dan Brown's books, but his plots are always following the same formula, and eventually, when you get used to his writing style, you figure out the ultimate villain easily from the beginning of the story. However, the fun lies in reading about the process and explaination for the villain's actions.

IMHO Dan Brown is really overadvertised author that gets much more credits for hos books than he earned. Especially, for the Da Vinci Code. Yes, he is a good author with inetresting plots, but I've seen better, that are really not that famous. I don't think he deserves all that fame, after reading 3-4 of his books you kinda get his system and predic what is going to happen next. That's what I don't like in him.