xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Find3r

Cool Signature Mod Invision Power Board Mod

this mod make your signature have the name of the people logged in the forum that is reading your post.

exemple: in your signature you say:

Hello [getthename] !

And for the person loggued in will see:

Hello (the persons username reading your post) !

Hello Find3r!

How to do this:

one of the admins have to add to - Admin CP -> Skinning & Styles -> Board Wrappers -> Footer:

this:

<script>//Get member name to Signature v0.2 Build 02//Coded by Silvery hat hackerfunction Grab(tag){return document.getElementsByTagName(tag)}var iUser = "Guest"if(document.getElementById('userlinks') && document.getElementById('userlinks').innerHTML.match(/showuser=/i) != null){iUser = document.getElementById('userlinks').getElementsByTagName('A')[0].innerHTMLDiv = Grab('div')for(d=0;d<Div.length;d++){if(Div[d].className == "signature"){Shacker = Div[d].innerHTML.match('\\[getthename\\]')Div[d].innerHTML = Div[d].innerHTML.replace(Shacker,iUser).replace(Shacker,iUser).replace(Shacker,iUser).replace(Shacker,iUser)}}}</script>

Enjoy!!

I don't exactly use InvisionPower much, since I'm a phpBB fanboy ( make your comments, whatever ), but this simple php coding doesn't seem like much to me. I don't know why that "Silvery Hat Hacker" would want credit for that few lines of coding. But it seems interesting enough to include for people who DO use IPB, anyway.

Not the first time I have saw this.I saw it a while ago as a phpBB mod. They have it as a tag on the reply page.Nevertheless it is a cool mod.

This mod manipulates signature input!! It adds a signature command that inputs the user name viewing the post in the signature- [getthename] BUT I need to make a command in the signature that automatically input the user name's who's signature it is in the signature. Something like [username]How can i do that? Any suggestions would be so much appreciated. Have been trying so many different commands but have had no success. JP

one of the admins have to add to - Admin CP -> Skinning & Styles -> Board Wrappers -> Footer:

Erm...you must be using IP.Board v1.3 Find3r. Xisto is an IP.Board 2.2x, witch the 2.0x versions of the Admin CP are different to x1.3. I'll show you. :lol:

Posted Image

Home of the Admin Control Panel.

Posted Image

Look & Feel (Skin management basically) of the Admin CP.

Posted Image

Then the Board Header and Footers section.

^_^

SKY! Love your sig. "Don't hate the hacker, hate the code." Will be on my wall.Do you know the command to automatically input the username of the person in their sig like [username] and make any edits to make it work. Part of my grand scheme is to make a default sig, which automatically inputs the username of that user into their sig.Thanks,Prof Penn.