xisto Community
cragllo

*help* My Computer Is Restarting Its Self

Well, as I said before, I recommend to you to reinstall Windows, cause it will most likely solve the problem, in my point of view is the easiest and only way to fix it, If you have doubts on how to reinstall Windows ask that maybe I can give you some tips. Good Luck!

I know how to reinstall windows, I bult my pc, but its the fact that I dont want the hastle, having to backup things like, game saves, bookmarks etc... and software configs....and then having to reinstall all the stuff :|

That's the life :)I in general reinstall windows if I use it a not too much every month if I push it too hard, maybe every week... If you have Windows installed in your system for a long time, it's inevitable for you to reinstall, first because it will give you a lot of error messages and second because it will be slower and slower each time you use it and the performance in games will decrease too...Not just windows, all that runs in it will slow down...

It only restarts in two situations:1) Right after startup, when the network connection status icon apperas in the task bar
2) Whenever a network connection is establushed, so If i restart my router, my pc restarts too, also when connection to Hamachi, VPN software..

It looks like you are having some problem with your network card. Have you just reinstalled your drivers for your network card? Or have you reinstalled Windows before the whole problem started? It might be the cause of an invalid or corrupted drivers for your network card. Make sure you get the correct and updated drivers.

In your situation, it looks like your computer immediately restarted once the status of your network card changes. If you are sure that it is not the drivers that caused the problem, then it may be the fault from Hamachi since it uses the resources from the network card. The program may edit configurations, such as your network status, IP addresses, share settings etc. Be sure you check the Hamachi options to confirm if it does not change your network settings.

I can suggest you to uninstall Hamachi first, and try to go into the internet. If you are able to surf the internet well, then it must be the fault from Hamachi. Otherwise, it has to be the fault from your network drivers. Reinstall the network drivers if Hamachi is not the cause of the fault.

You may also like to refer to this site for more information about HTTP.SYS
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/820129
Edited by Inspiron (see edit history)

Next time you install windows: make 2 partitions on your hard drive; 1 @ 20gb or so for the os and the 2nd partition(the remainder of the hard drive) for installing games and backing up files or anything else. This saves time and makes for quick reinstalls. I know this isn't exactly help for your situation but its good for the future.-reply by nate

If your computer restarts itself after 1 minute or more when you log in do it:1 step : Start2 step : Run3 step : shutdown -a ------------>put that code to cancel the shutdown :lol:

my pc restarting itself

*help* My Computer Is Restarting Its Self

When I turned on my pc it will restarting itself or my monitor is tern off and single beep sound is coming. I got this problem before 3 month so I gave pc to repair and after repair its work properly .Now I formatted my pc and reinstall os so I got that problem again . What cud be the problem in my pc

Athalon

40 GB

256 MB ram

156 Kbs net

Please help I thing some thing error in setting

-reply by karthik