xisto Community
v3r0

The "clip" Assistant On Word Annoying

Who was the genius that came up with this idea? Place a animated clip with suggestions on every-single-word-and-action you make while you're writing :P . Annoying... and the sound he makes!! The way he looks at you like knowing he's just annoying you and he is enjoying it! :D . Even the program doesn't really starts until he comes up... :D Thank you assistant for giving me this bad humor post having a sleepless night :) .

Edited by v3r0 (see edit history)

Oh my gosh, I know! I can't believe they let you choose for the little "clip" to be a magician and all that. I hope they get rid of that...clip on Windows Longhorns. Everytime the clip guy comes up, I just turn off my volume, I don't even know how to get rid of him! Anybody know how I can really get rid of this stupid annoying paper clip! :)

I had the paperclip on my old computer. I hated typing out drafts of letters to my (then) boyfriend while the little clip would look over and smirk at what I was writing, like he was going to tell the next person who used the computer what I was up to. did that sound paranoid? haha.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to turn it off. Not positive, but I think I managed to find the setting last time I used MS Word. Try tools/options or something like that.. I'd check myself and let you know, but my laptop didn't come with MS Office, so I don't have MS Word, and I'm using some free program thats almost identical, and yet lacks the annoying paperclip. Can't you tell how saddened I am by its absense? XD

If you go to tools and then go down to customize you can add a button to toggle hiding him... I do it everywhere. My computer has problems with being slow so when it is slow and he's rising around on a bycycle, it's really annoying as he's stalling the whole system. It seems maybe Microsoft needs to be a little more forgiving on their buyers and rid us of this totally unnessesary evil.

A few years ago there was a game on Microsofts website where you got to fire various pieces of office equipment at Clippit. They seem to have taken it down now, but there are loads of other sites on the Internet I have seen it since. Now of course this "assistant" has spread to other places within Windows, such as the search system in Windows explorer. Also, I seem to remember that the idea for this assistant was originally used in Microsoft's biggest flop, Microsoft Bob. Perhaps that was an omen to kill Clippit!

Yeah! that clip its really annoying!! i always disable him. :) Who needs him?? He doesnt do anything but stay jumping and talking! :D If insted of that clip could be a naked woman, i thing all the mens here would LOVE IT like i. :D:P:P its a good idea dont you thing guys??

Fortunately, the next version of Office will not include Clippit! I gotta admit, that dog was cute! Especially when he did that dance whenever I saved. Then I got bored after a couple of days and turned the feature off...

I actually liked the Robot. Especially when he blew up :). I remember in grade 8 ICT when we were learning touch typing and the teacher would stand up the front going "a,a,a,a,d,d,d,d..." whilst walking around the room, half of us would be so bored we'd continually right click the office assistant and animate it.I have to admit - the smirk was rather annoying, and when he says "Oh I think you're trying to do *letter*". Clippit was the worse of them all.