xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
leiaah

Live Video (using Webcam) On Site? just like jennycam

I have a webcam and I want my site to have a live video of me (or my room, whatever) whenever I'm online (e.g. JennyCam, etc.). I want it to occupy a small portion of my webpage and it should be unobtrusive. It doesn't even matter if the video is choppy or grainy. Is there a script or a free program for this? I'm sure there is but does anyone here know it? Thanks.

First of all you need --> "Windows Media Encoder" - creates the streaming media (video and audio) by encoding images from the web cam and encoding sound from the microphone, and broadcasting the streaming media output on a designated port on your PC.

or something similar.

Then of course u need ur fixed space hosting which u have.

then u need to run and configure windows media encoder

When the Windows Media Encoder first starts, the configuration wizard asks you for the port number to broadcast on (which you must reference in your web pages, see below). The default port number provided is 8080, but I recommend you change this to 1121 because some Internet service providers cause issues with port 8080. The configuration wizard also asks you for the type of output. I suggest you choose something sensible that is for Internet broadcasting opposed to local area network broadcasting.

You can either create your web pages so that the web cam output is embedded in your web page, or so the web cam output is displayed in the Windows Media Player application separately. The HTML that is listed below in listing 1 and listing 2 are examples of how to embed the web cam output in your web page. The section on invoking Windows Media Player provides examples of how to get your web cam output is displayed in the Windows Media Player application separately.

Embedding the web cam output : web cam HTML Listing 1
The HTML that is listed below in listing 1 will detect if Media Player is installed and if necessary will ask users of IE to install Media Player by providing the link to the download.

The following is the HTML listing (listing 1) which you would place in your web page where you want the web cam output to appear.

<!--- BEGIN PLAYER ---><!-- webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan ----><object ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="270" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject" CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112"><param name="autoStart" value="True"><param name="filename" value="http://wisbey.hopto.org:1121"><param NAME="ShowControls" VALUE="False"><param NAME="ShowStatusBar" VALUE="False"><embed TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="wisbey.hopto.org:1121" NAME="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="270" autostart="1" showcontrols="0"></embed></object><!-- webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan ----><!--- end PLAYER --->
In listing 1 you should:

change the width and height of the output with the width and height values (these should match output dimensions of your Windows Media Encoder session if you want the image to appear undistorted)
set the domain name and port number (the domain name must be what you registered with no-ip.com or dyndns.org, and the port number must match what you set in Windows Media Encoder)
In listing 1 you can also:

enable/disable the controls (1/0 and true/false) of the Media Player session which appear in the IE Browser
enable/disable the status bar (1/0 and true/false) of the Media Player session which appear in the IE Browser
enable/disable autostart (1/0 and true/false) of the Media Player session so that the web cam output either automatically starts or has to be started manually (if you put this to "true" then you must enable the controls so that the viewers of the page can manually start the feed themselves)
Click here to see the type of web cam stream that Listing 1 presents in your browser.

Embedding the web cam output - web cam HTML Listing 2
The following is the HTML listing (listing 2) which you would place in your HTML where you want the image to appear.
<p><object id="Player" width="176" height="144"classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"><param name="URL" value="http://wisbey.hopto.org:1121"><param name="uiMode" value="none"></object></p><p> <input type="BUTTON" name="BtnPlay2" value="Play" onClick="StartMeUp()"><input type="BUTTON" name="BtnStop2" value="Stop" onClick="ShutMeDown()"></p><script><!--function StartMeUp (){Player.controls.play();}function ShutMeDown (){Player.controls.stop();}--></script><script language="VBScript"><!--On error resume nextPlayer.URL = ""if err then msgbox "You need Windows Media Player 7. Go to" & chr(13) &_"http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; 
In listing 2 you should:

change the width and height of the output with the width and height values (these should match output dimensions of your Windows Media Encoder session if you want the image to appear undistorted)
set the domain name and port number (the domain name must be what you registered with no-ip.com or dyndns.org, and the port number must match what you set in Windows Media Encoder)
If you set the width and height bigger a than that of the Windows Encoder Session, a black border will appear around the streaming window.

The buttons functions are required, otherwise the viewer of the page would have to right mouse click the window and select play to start the video stream.

The first set of JAVA Script sets the use of the buttons, and the second set of Java Script provides a dialogue box suggesting that the user go and download Windows Media Player (should they not have Windows Media Player installed). The second set of JAVA Script is not compulsory, but is highly recommended if you want to make sure that your viewers have Windows Media Player installed.

Click here to see the type of web cam stream that Listing 2 presents in your browser.

Invoking Windows Media Player to view the web cam output
The HTML required for opening the web cam output in Windows Media Player separately is very simple. You simply place the following HTML within your web page where you want the text and hyperlink to appear:
<p>You can also view this live feed directly in Windows Media Player by <a href="webcam.asx" target="_blank">clicking here</a>.</p> 
This HTML will create the following text and link:

You can also view this live feed directly in Windows Media Player by clicking here.

In addition to the HTML listed above you need to create a webcam.asx file in a text editor such as Notepad. The following listing is the the contents of a webcam.asx file:
<ASX version="3.0"><Entry><ref HREF="http://wisbey.hopto.org:1121"/></Entry></ASX>
Within the webcam.asx file you must specify the domain name and port number (the domain name must be what you registered with no-ip.com or dyndns.org, and the port number must match what you set in Windows Media Encoder).

Hope this helps you out..... :rolleyes:

Notice from rejected:
Please put code within code tags.

Thats some great information imacul8! Great work/research :rolleyes:. I've been looking for something like this, but the only issue is bandwidth! Streaming live video onto a website takes up a LOT of bandwidth and users looking to use this should be aware that they might run out of bandwidth real soon if using shared hostinf accounts.

Also, imacul8, please note that you have to paste you code in code tags! so it would appear like this:

Code goes here

The mods might issue a warning for this, so watch out :lol:

how to add live video to free web siteLive Video (using Webcam) On Site?

I have a webcam and I want my site to have a live video of me (or my room, whatever) whenever I'm online (e.G. JennyCam, etc.). I want it to occupy a small portion of my webpage and it should be unobtrusive. It doesn't even matter if the video is choppy or grainy. Is there a script or a free program for this?I'm sure there is but does anyone here know it?Can I do in html Please help meThanks.  

-reply by sreenu

Try 1AVStreamerLive Video (using Webcam) On Site?

I use 1AVStreamer. It streams live video from my DV camera in MMS in the format mm http://forums.xisto.com/; like mm http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for example, and it creates and uploads a customized webpage to my website via FTP already with the live video feed in it. It is really simple, no hassle, and in no time you will be able to invite people to your live video feed which by the way the software also does, send invitations.To find 1AVStreamer:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/