xisto Community
eTronicGaming

What Do You'll Like Better? PHP or HTML

What's Better: PHP or HTML?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PHP is best of course cause you can write HTML in it. I just use PHP to manage webpages like index.php?pageid=2...I should really learn PHP and make something more advanced. Does anyone know any good PHP tutorials?

Wait a minute! You can't compare HTML with PHP! It's impossible! The most important issue is that you use PHP to generate HTML code!! So you can't say 'i like php better' nor the other way! PHP automatisates the work with creating HTML sites. So one needs to know HTML to create PHP.

There is no comparition because HTML and PHP have different purposes of use! HTML sites are static - you won't get any difference until you change something in the page's code! And with PHP there are many possible ocasions that will change the content of the generated page! Just to name few - change of time, change of data in the database, change of your status on the web page, when you use logins...

You just can't compare these too!

31619[/snapback]

Yes, that i was to say also....hey u guys u cannot compare those two languages...

HTML is Hyper Text Markup Language, those means that HTML markup things, first of all markup text, then u can markup graphic files, like put some images like links within image markup tags. So u have Bold and things, PHP is PHP Hypertext Preprocessor and why it is preprocessor, it first processes php files then returns result to the browser. HTML returns result on client side, and processes on client side, and HTML is poor, it is used to design data, not to process data...so u cannot realy compare those two languages..

Because we miss here CSS, wich is better way to design HTML...and the power is in HTML-CSS-Javascript, here goes DHTML...but when u put it with PHP in combinations with MYSQL database u get right thing!! So, this discussion have sense only if u are begginer, OK, then u can say HTML is better than PHP because to you is simpler to learn and understand (and it is right to first learn) HTML than PHP... And here goes my recipe in order:

1. Learn HTML / HTML4.0/4.1

2. Learn CSS

3. Learn Javascript

4. Learn XML/XSL-T

5. Learn PHP/ASP

6. Learn SQL databases (Mysql, Posgresql, MSSQL or other)

7. Learn Java, JSP, ASPX, XML-FO...

Havn't got you. It seems php and html are not competent technologies. HTML is the basic for the website, more focused on the client. Php is a server technology to generate dynamic content for HTML. Actually php is competent with JSP.

Suppose without any HTML, what can php do in a website?

Well, what do you'll think?  I personally like a combination of php and html, but I'll stick with php because it's easier to maintain your website, but I'm really experienced in HTML.  So reply and vote to what you'll like and why please!

-Josh :D

25260[/snapback]