xisto Community
itssami

What Is Programming Language Of Google Etc.?

Wrong guessesWhat Is Programming Language Of Google Etc.?

youtube.Com since was purchased by google was rewritten entirely in Python, this info is absolutely true (cannot tell details why). Actually google does not use PHP except for some small things ( but think even for those small things are rewritten in Python).

Google is fully oriented on Java and Python. No ASP or PHP in use

The same for google.Com, it is a bull**** to say that google.Com uses PHP 

-reply by XVit

What Is The Langauge That Google Is Coded In....What Is Programming Language Of Google Etc.?

Proof

It's really easy to find what programming language a websites uses by just going on google and typing in <WebsiteDomain> .<language> (e.G. Youtube .Php).

Ebay.Com - JSP - Java.Com/en/ebay7.jsp, countdown.Ebay.Com/start.jspAmazon.Com - ASP.NET - amazon.Co.Uk/Defualt.aspxMsn.Com - ASP.NET - Msn.Com/Preview.aspx Yahoo.Com - PHP - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

BBC.Co.Uk - ASP.NET- bbcworldwide.Com/contact--us.aspx and theres another one from the BBC.Co.Uk website but I can't remember theURL.

Microsoft - ASP.NET - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - PHP - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - PHP - /index.phpGoogle's?_fb_noscript=1 Orkut - ASP.NET - orkut.Com/About.aspxMyspace - ASP.NET/Coldfusion - https://myspace.com/browser - JSP/PHP - pcworld.Co.Uk/product.php?sku=538745&camp_id=Froogle

Sky.Com - ASP.NET - packages.Sky.Com/see/EquipmentSkyPlus.aspx

-reply by Programmer

Google has historically used PHP, and its use can still be seen in some lab projects, so this isn't correct. Note, too, that Google mentions PHP in many of its job descriptions for this same reason. It is true, however, (and as I said in my original post) that Google relies extensively on Python (and Java as well, among other things). I also mentioned in my post that the -creator- of Python is employed at Google, and for trivia points, he's allowed to use 50% of his time to continue developing Python while at work (pretty nice incentive, huh?).

Most large technology companies actually understand that different languages have different advantages/disadvantages and don't succumb to fanboism for a particular language. They use what works well for the task, and that's that.

The same for google.Com, it is a bull**** to say that google.Com uses PHP -reply by XVit

Google uses Python extensively. It is such an amazing language. After a few hours with the tutorial you will be doing Remote Procedure Calls, something that would take a lot of time in other languages. Best of all it's completely open source, with quite commendable GUI kits for most platforms

Google uses a mix of languages for it's various purposes.
1. Orkut is in ASP.NET
2. Google's Help System is in Python
3. Definitely C/C++ for Searching
4. Google's real strength is in CSS & JavaScript

CGI is used at a lot of sites. PayPal(sister concern of EBay) uses it

Amazon uses CGI. Enter amazon.com/index.cgi to see yourself

And Python is a interpreted language as pointed out but it can be converted to native code & it can also call native code written using C++ (python code can also be called from C++).

It was the information i searched :)