xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jmb2006

Phone is working after disaster thank god for this miracle

well today i was just sat on my bed having a bowl of cereal whilst watching tv, anyway the bowl spilled and the place directly under the bowl was my phone, it was covered in milk at first i thought it had seriously messed my phone up but after 10 minutes with a towel it worked fine, it still is working fine now, PHEW!!Tip: always keep your phone away from liquids or anything harmful to your phone, even if you think ahh nvm it wont happen to me dont even take that chance.

Notice from mayank:
Edited Topic Title. Please make sure that topic title has to be descriptive.

well today i was just sat on my bed having a bowl of cereal whilst watching tv, anyway the bowl spilled and the place directly under the bowl was my phone, it was covered in milk at first i thought it had seriously messed my phone up but after 10 minutes with a towel it worked fine, it still is working fine now, PHEW!!

Tip: always keep your phone away from liquids or anything harmful to your phone, even if you think ahh nvm it wont happen to me dont even take that chance.

Well thay make protective skins for keyboards that save the day when you spill liquids on them.

Do they make skins for phones :) ? Sounds like you could use one. Just thought I would ask.

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Well im glad to hear that you phone is still working, it reminded me that my friend broke his $300 phone, the reason it broke was really funny. He decided to pick up a sock that he found on the ground, he put the phone in and the mechanism got caught and the phone snapped clean in half! All he can do is text, lol. Poor guy, but atleast yours works.

Edited by antwill (see edit history)

Many phones now are developed to withstand drops, knocks and having stuff spilt on them :) For example, my phone has a metal case, a scratch resistant screen and a rubber keypad to stop liquid affecting it. I managed to drop my mobile phone onto a concrete floor from about 6 feet and it still worked perfectly afterwards, and that was only made from plastic.

Many phones now are developed to withstand drops, knocks and having stuff spilt on them :) For example, my phone has a metal case, a scratch resistant screen and a rubber keypad to stop liquid affecting it. I managed to drop my mobile phone onto a concrete floor from about 6 feet and it still worked perfectly afterwards, and that was only made from plastic.

Yeah, my phone's got similar protection. In fact most electronics nowadays are protected against spills and drops. I saw on QVC a consumer HP camera that was totally weatherproof - they dipped it in a pool of water when it was on, and it still worked fine. I've dropped my digi camera and Pen drive numerous times, and fortunately, they haven't broken yet.

Geeeeee!That's cool. I just would like to tell you that once I was enraged and took my Motorola cell phone and smashed it against the floor. It flew before my eyes into several pieces, jajajaja. I left it there and after chilling out, I took all the pieces and to my surprise I could put them all together and stills works as when I bought it, after three years. Some cell phones get broken by just beinf droped from short heights. So, I'm sure Motorola is good. Or I'm lucky.

hehe, yeah, alot of people seem to think electronics get effected by water damage alot faster/easier than they do it seems, alot of times if you drain them out and dry it out they'll work...Though you might wants to open yours up and sponge it down with a very, very small amount of water, though...that rotten milk smell... hehe.And just to add this on since I'm too lazy to add it in above where it fits in more, did you know a car's electrical systems will work underwater for quite a while (can't remember how long) after it goes under?

I like the late colored models like the Nokia 3200. I've dropped mine a few times but still works fine. I've been using it for two years. XDIn your case, it should work again. My experience with that kind of disaster is a bit weird. I enjoyed the company of a phone and forgot that it was in pocket after I soaking in to the depths of a beach here. XXDFor almost a day of drying it under the sun, it worked fine like everything else. :)

i had a wonderful cell phone, i dropped it in the toilet, still worked (i got a call while it was underwater, thats how i knew it was there!)had it in my back pocket and fell on my *bottom* out of a tree, prolly about 8 ft, still worked (although part of the screen turned orange, but thats ok its my favorite color anyways)but alas, one particularly wild night at the beach ended the life of my poor phone *sniff*i apparently dropped it into the lake, and of course it sank really fast, and since i was on a pier type thing, there wasnt much of a chance for me to find it.

I have a Nokia 3805 cell phone. I have a feeling it was made to withstand drops, as it has had many (it has alot of scratches :lol:), I don't think it had been dropped on concrete yet but I might be wrong :lol:. Anyway if I drop my phone onto a hard surface its front face plate will come off and it will be fine. I just clip the face place back on and it still works fine.

With the water thing, you've probably already voided your warrenty (if you had one) by dropping it in water, so I would suggest taking that battery out and then disassembling it as much as possible and towling it dry as much as possible, then leaving it in the hot water cupboard or on a shelf high up in a room (I wouldn't reccomend direct sunlight though) for a night or so and then putting it back together the next day. It might work. Something that would really mess up a phone would be if water got into the battery, which would suck, because you would have to get a new battery.

A couple of months ago, I was at my dad's work (he works at a High School, their swimming pool has a huge crack in the bottom so for Health and Safety they can't use it or something - anyway) and I found a phone and the battery in their (empty) swimming pool. It was probably in there when there was water in there though, because it was munted and I don't think it was impact damage. I think it needs a new battery (cuz of the water) and then I would just have to get a charger for it and it would be fine :(. I would post pics but I don't have a digital camera *sob* :(

100th post - go me lol :(

Edited by Matt2 (see edit history)

Many phones now are developed to withstand drops, knocks and having stuff spilt on them

Except the Motorola SLVR series, those are...softies. Anyway, I dropped my Motorola ROKR E1 plenty of times now, it looks like a war veteran, but it still works perfectly. I haven't dropped my N80 and I don't plan to ;)