xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Avalon

Albus Dumbledore Vs Saga New sig designer battle

at least i got the second place :) hehehee.. anyway i find this battle very interesting since every voter has its comments and i'm sure it will help me a lot in the end coz those are great comments.. and it teaches me something about this kind of art... so i guess if there is another battle out there i will love to participate to solicit critcs :P

saga, you hit the nail right on the head. The reason to enter these competitions, (besides wanting to win) is to learn from the experience. I'll let you in on a little secret, (well not so secret, as I had to tell some people so they would understand why I started the battle), I never intended to post an entry. I wanted two new sig makers to go head to head, hence why I made it a '3 way battle'. I thought it would be unlikely that a new sig maker would start a battle by themselves, so I decided 'a little push' was needed. And now Albus has realised that these competitions can be fun and has entered SOTW #30, you should too. You have talent, it just needs refining and that is what these competitions will do for you. SOTW has improved my graphic abilities to no end, as you have pointed out, the feedback given during these competitions teaches you a lot.It can be surprising, sigs of mine that I did not think were that good have won SOTW, it's all a matter of what other people see in what you have made. A classic example of that is the recent battle I had with Saint Michael, I personally thought his sig was much better than mine, yet mine was voted the winner. If I had to vote on the 2 sigs at the time, I would have voted for his over mine without hesitation.Don't be afraid to step up and 'have a go', (as we Aussies like to say) the results may surprise you!