xisto Community
Galahad

Short Memory Of The Serbian People The amount of stupidity of my own people amases me still...

Ok, so probably everyone has heard about the death of former president (or should I say, dictator) of Serbia, and Yugoslavia, Slobodan Milosevic. Now, you probably think I'm going to put him to stars, and praise him as a hero of our people, or whatever. Well, I'm not. I'm here to rant about the unbelieveable stupidity of my own people, even some people close to me.This is the man, who has taken 10 years of my childhood, when I was 10 years old, he created a great war with Croatia, later with Bosnia and Hercegovina, and in 1999, when I was 18, he provoked NATO bombarment of my country. And for what? So he could remain in power. He's the man, who took tanks out in the streets, against his own people, the man who said "No one can beat you", and later his militia beat the hell out of everyone who had the guts to oppose him. He kept his dictatorship wby eliminating his political opponents, new reporters who dared to speak up agains his regime, by banishing everyone who was not of Serbian natinality from the country, we had ethnic clensing in Kosovo thanks to this man, his politics lead to hundreds of thousands of dead people, dead women, children, men, elderly... Milions lost their homes and becam refugees, he robbed and plundered his own country, his own people...Finaly 5. october came, and milions of people stood up against his regime, and we managed to throw him down. He was arrested, and sent to Hague, to the International War Crimes Tribunal... That's the only thing I didn't like... I woul have preffered he was arrested, and publicly executed in the main square of our capital, just like dictator of Romania was. He and his wife were the only, last stand of communism in Europe, where everyone is equal, only the few are "more equal" then the rest. His son, earned millions smuggling cigarettes, and just plain beeing the lead mobster in the country. Beating and murdering people he didn't like, or were crazy enough to stand up against his father. And finaly, when I thought that all was over, and that democracy came to Yugoslavia, this, this... I don't have the word to describe our present prime minister, this CREATURE appeared, and we almost had our dictator burried in the main cemetary, in the section where all the great people are burried. They made a farse out of this mans death, everyone trying to score a few cheap points of his death.Present government spit in my face, and spit in everyone elses face, who went out of there homes on 5th october, and yelled that they will not allow any further theft of their votes... They spit in the face of out late prime minister Zoran Djindjic, the only man who had the courage and the will power to lead us to a normal life. And this creature, Kostunica, wanted to burry this criminal, next to dr. Djindjic...The world is once again looking at us, as evil, sick, and perverted people, who all supported Milosevic, and his policy of war with everyone. And once again, I'm affraid we will be put into isolation, and everything will return to year 1991, when I was 10, and when my childhood was taken away from me, and replaced by waiting in lines to buy a loaf of bread, and 1 liter of milk, not being able to replace old, torn shoes with new ones... Crying myself to sleep every night, waiting for my father to return from war, where he was forcibly taken by the monster Milosevic... The abolished his wife and his son, both of whom are wanted by the court, and there is a warant for their arrest, by no one else, but Interpol... And now, my own government, has withdrawn those warrants, and will allow them once again, to enter the country, and flee back out... The same people who burned, robbed, and plundered accros the country...And they want me to mourn him? To call him a hero? I don't call my self a believer, I don't believe in god, but I do have moral principles, and I respect the dead... But for this monster, I have not a shread of greef, of feel of pity, just the same, as he didn't show a shread of pity for hundreds of thousands his politics murdered. NO, I will not attend the service, NO, I will not give him 1 minute of silence, NO, I will not cry for him, NO, I will not call him a hero, and by god, NO, I will not allow his vampires and evil hordes to return to power again, and continue destroying everything and everyone around us... NO, NOT AGAIN...I hope this rant will not offend anyone, as I have seen there are few of representatives from my country here, and there is a possibility that some of them are sympathisers of his...And I'm sorry to say, I DON'T feel any better after ranting this, there is still great feeling of shame, anger, and god knows what other feelings, all mixed in me...If only I were born somewhere else...

I have to agree you,not because i?m from croatia,but cause in that "yugoslavian war" many people had lost their homs and family members.People,such as is Milo?ević had build sterotype for all serbian people as evil nation which i repaulse cause my opinnion your r like everybody else,built from from blood and flesh.Ambision to rule others people lives is thing i dissagree and would appreciate that they receive their punishment regarding which nation they belong.

I am so sorry that you had to go through that it must have been awful. In no way am I offended by this topic. I do not see how some leaders get elected or get to power some other way can do things like this. Here in the United States you swear to uphold the values of your country when you become president. I feel that all leaders should uphold the values of their country. In no way was this war you are talking about helping your country. I think that if you are not doing a good job and people are going against you it should make you think. Instead of creating a massive war you should think about what you have done wrong. Again, I am sorry this happened to you and all of your country. I hope your current days are much better.

I am so sorry that you had to go through that it must have been awful. In no way am I offended by this topic. I do not see how some leaders get elected or get to power some other way can do things like this. Here in the United States you swear to uphold the values of your country when you become president. I feel that all leaders should uphold the values of their country. In no way was this war you are talking about helping your country. I think that if you are not doing a good job and people are going against you it should make you think. Instead of creating a massive war you should think about what you have done wrong. Again, I am sorry this happened to you and all of your country. I hope your current days are much better.

Hello,

My name is John and i am new to this site. All i wanted to say is HAVE FUN and Live your LIFE!!! :(

Uhm... no offense, but you say presidents need to swear to uphold the values of the country, Bush is just as Milosevic, also slaying hundredthousands of people in his 'war against terorism', he killed more peeps then all those 'evil' countries did together :(

But sorry, am straying off topic, Milosevic was a dictator wich deserved execution by the people he hurt, not being brought here, in The Hague (yeah ima Dutchie). The most sinister part of this is that when he hurt the Serbian people, he was being brought to court... When he wanted to bring out other European politician's names who contributed and played the game, he suddenly died, probably killed by his 'collegues'. I really get mad by the way politicians are and how they treat their own people, we vote and they kill us.

Anyways, I hope the actions of those twats like Milosevic, Bush and Hitler will be remembered so the leaders of the next generations will have more respect for those who put them up on their places.

Anyways, I hope the actions of those twats like Milosevic, Bush and Hitler will be remembered so the leaders of the next generations will have more respect for those who put them up on their places.

Gad, Buddies! That's been common place for millenia now that leaders are hardly worth the people they lead. Many a father have never been up to is children's capabilities also in a family.

Now, what's still to be done is to heal the scars left 60 years ago between the Balkan people. That man Milosevic is no more than the heir of a Croatian dictator and murderer going by the name of Ante Pavlevitch, if I'm not mistaken. Petty murderers, all told. I would wish to All Serbians, Croatians and Bosnians to mercifully forget the wrong done to them in the past and start anew. The Spaniards did it of late and it succeeded, you know.

I can really understand that criminal dinosaurs like Milosevic can be a pain in the *BLEEP* for young Serbians, you know. It may bring some relief to them to know that people like Ole' Henry Kissinger, Stateside, are not jailed for their crimes in Vietnam or Chile. At least, the Serbian rascal has gone through some self-interrogation while some other criminals are still bluffing people at large for a royal fee on their talks.

The future lies with YOU smart young people and your kind. I'm so glad to see a young Croatian talking peacefully to a young Serbian in this topic. Keep on the good work, folks.

Cheers, all ! :)

I agree. Milosevic was a criminal and nothing more. I'm Croatian and I was little when the war started. Milosevic is not only responsible for ethnic cleansing, but for money theft. I think the hague is nothing more than a political tool. Milosevic's trial has been delayed for years and nothing was done to bring this man to justice.heres something to think about-since the trial didnt run its course, milosevic will always be an accused war criminal, not a convicted one. As it officially stands hes 'not guilty'- he didnt have to rott away in a cell for the rest of his life- there are talks of his reason of death because of poisoning, some are claiming his heart medication was switched with meds to deal with tuburculosis and lepresy which cancel out the heart and blood drugs plus he was denied treatment in russia when complaning in the days before his death of being sick, therefore according to this twisted logic he didnt die in the hague but was killed.But there were much worse people around than him such as Karadzic, Seselj, Mladic, Arkan.

What's that a reference to? The Spanish Civil War?

Yep, Friend, and also quite some years under Franco's dictatorship. Spaniards are an example to be praised of what mutual forgiveness can achieve as compared to everlasting vengeance. Noble people are bound to do noble things.

Cheers all! :)