xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Adobe? Acrobat? 3d

This great software from Adobe is adding on to a new generation of Acrobat PDF files, now with 3D interface. You can now click and drag a 3D model in the PDF file to view an object in 3-dimensions. However, it's not a free software.

This is certainly a great tool for the machanical and machinery industry.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat.html

Sample PDF : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Wow that is pretty sweet but at the same time, i dont really know when i would ever use it. Like most people (esp. my professors) just put up notes in pdf form because they are the simplest to print. I dont normally read or even look at pdfs on my computer so there is no need for the 3d component. Also, when i loaded their sample, it took a ton of CPU to move the images around and such and my computer is still top of the line. I think maybe in a few years it might be useful but not right now. However, lastly i just want to say it is a pretty sweet idea.

It's a nice idea, should be really useful in technology and engineering, and alos probably instruction manuals could benefit from 3D views of objects. There are some weird little bugs and problems with it, and I presume you would have to design your 3D model in some specific Adobe software? A great idea, but probably not that useful to the masses.

I use this program and it is great! it helps me with all my projects and my needs that I need help with. Hopefully this product will help you all like it has helped me these past months. It is a real life saver for me like the can life savers lol.

Hey, that's pretty cool! Thanks a lot for the information. I am sure that not only I but almost everyone else here in the forums will find this post as useful. Once again thanks a lot and I hope to see more quality posts like this one in the near future!