xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

Age Of Empires On Ps2?

Yes, Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings was released a while ago on PS2 (2001 or 2002 I believe). It didn't receive the best ratings, nor were many copies made. Nonetheless, you may be able to find it second hand in some places, or new in EB or something.I'd still recommend the PC version though, considering it's cheaper, and just about all computers these days can play it :(

I have the PC version. I would like to try it out on the PS2 though, I was curious on how they managed to make it on a ps2 because how can they select villagers and make orders without a mouse?Do you know the average price of the game on the ps2? I know PC version is really cheap now.

First off, console will never have the capabilities of a computer, the fact why that is, is because you create a console with a computer, so therefore it is limited to what a computer can do. And AOE on PS2 is just plain stupid. Whoever thought RTS games would work on a console was seriously stupid. An RTS requires the WHOLE keyboard, which is ussually 104 keys I believe, along with a mouse and two more main button. How many do consoles have? not that many i tell you, in fact, 4 controllers plugged in won't have that many. So would I approve AOE on PS2? No. Just look at StarCraft, one of the best time selling pc games of all time, and look at the console version... crap

Man.. I just can't imagine playing a strategy game on any type of console without a mouse lol. I so got used to playing my strategies with a mouse that switching to an analog or a ps2 controller would be imossible for me. Plus there is an issue of PS2 graphics and the TV screen. You'd have to sit really close to your TV to see all the "people" on the screen and this isnt very good for the eyes. So if you think of buying Age of Empires for your PS2, go find a PC version and ull be much happier with it.