xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nitin Mangi

Regional Languages On Your Winxp

If you want to enable Regional languages on your WinXP, read on.As you might know, WinXP is UNICODE, and supports regional languages. Office 2003 is also UNICODE compliant. I took this opportunity and requested our Admin to enable UNICODE support on our Exchange server, thus enabling Outlook to have UNICODE even in the "To" and "Subject" of the email, apart from the message body. :-)WinXP supported many regional languages I looked out for:---------------GujaratiHindiKannadaKonkaniMarathiPunjabiSanskritTamilTeluguUrdu---------------However, support for regional languages is not enabled by default. But the step is really simple. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CHECK A BOX,1) Start->Control Panel->Regional and Language Settings2) Click on Languages tab card3) Check options for Supplemental language supportIt'll ask you for WinXP CD (for i386 folder)Enjoy :( Hope this is exciting...

Edited by Nitin Mangi (see edit history)

Why? The Forum is based on using English as it's only language as a common denominator for the membership.

Why? The Forum is based on using English as it's only language as a common denominator for the membership.

I also agree with this idea that forum should support more languages. I don't think it will need so much technical effort for implementation. Each Language can have subforums and two or more Moderators. well i am sure that there are many users that have some difficulty with expressing their problems and ideas in Englsih and feel more relax in using their own kanguage. this helps them to post more informative and well-written topics and reduces the number of spams.