xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sxyloverboy

Flood, Water, Snow, Drain

Ok so last night i goto bed thinking about many nice things. And in the night i start to here the sound of water drops splashing into the water and i think to myself. oh how nice its raining. and im all cozy in my bed. Then i wake up in the moring and look around to see that my whole room is flooded with a ton of water. first thing i do is call the firedepartment to come with a pump to pump it all out. which worked great. but ofcourse. the damage is done. nothing to do about it. My whole carpet is ruined. And i look to my computer and hope nothing happened. My beloved camera was also on the floor but i think it survived well as far as i can tell now. now i have to get all the stuff out of my room so they can pull the carpet out. At least i get to choose a new one. But my computers is broken. I always get bluescreens when i start it and nothing will help. So i decide to format my hd and install windows again which seems to work. But now im getting problems accessing certain parts of the hard drive. it wont let me install macromedia dreamwaever. middle in the installation it says i dont have permission to access a certain folder which is in the dreamweaver directory and yeah. i cant download files properly to the desktop. i think the water also affected my hd even though it wasnt actualy touched by the water. god i just hate some people. we just moved into this house a few months ago but theres so many problems with it. i cant belive they didnt isolate it right against water. i see some heads rolling soon. grrr

I feel for you man, I had something similar happen to me, I was on my way to school when I heard some type of water running, because I was late I decided to investigate after school, unfortunately when I go home, I discover my bathroom and my whole bedroom flooded. The worst part is that my flooring is WOOD, so basically it sucked up half the water and ruined the flooring, I desperately dried it up with towels and tissues and whatnot. Eventually I had to move all my furniture out and then open the windows for it to dry. It appears that the source of the problem came from a faulty toilet valve, now you can see wrinkles in the flooring and the sides of my walls have been water damages. I wonder if I can sue the maker of that toilet valve, stupid people don?t even have a failsafe for it. :( They should install some type of drainpipe for the bathrooms, i see it all the time in business ones so why not home ones?