xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kim

Negative Perception Of Islam Is Increasing unfavorable view of Islam

Islam fundamentalists who are intolerant to other views of life are generally the ones making the attacks on the western countries. Places like Iran and Syria are led by these such people who boost their own notoriety and prevalence against the "debotchery of the western societies" is ultimately what defines and justifies their actions (terrorists attacks/funding, weapons stockpiling, attacks on foreign buildings, etc...).
In North America and Europe, we have a higher standard of living and different cultures all around us which makes everyone more tolerant to other peoples views, as well as a thriving democracy where no one has to be scared to go to jail for what they believe in, or choose to live their lives.

Your environment ultimately justifies how the general populace will react to situations that may arise, which in the Middle East is extremely hostile towards foreigners. While in North America and Europe there's nothing to worry about.

I don't think that diversity or living conditions have anything to do with how tolerant we are of others. Look at Ireland, there is a spread of Catholics and Protestants there (admittedly there are towns which are mainly inhabited by Protestants and Catholics respectively) and there's hardly any tolerance of the other religion.

Environment plays a part, but there are a lot of factors to consider, the media being one of them. When you seem to hear about "Islamic miliatants" almost every day on the news, I can understand (but not agree with) the reasons why negative perceptions of Islam are increasing.

I do not think that people should think so negativly about people who practice Islam. My uncle is a follower of Islam and he lives a peaceful life in America. People need to stop judging Islam just because of the actions of a few people. You have to meet a person before you can judge them.

yeah, I agree. I never tried to generalise my statement though. It could be probably as a result of misinterpretation. I told that no religion is bad in its real / unmodified form. But muslim clerics these days are trying to change the meaning and morale of Islam. This is probably under influence of proper funding from rich men in saudi arabia. these are the people who fund Jihad or in true sense, terrorism and massacre worldwide. They want to get hold in world politics by using these dirty tricks. Its well known that Osama gets maximum funds from Saudi ameers.

Now the question comes to mind, why should Muslim men follow these clerics?

Some are mindless illierete men who know nothing about politics, others just join terrorism (Jihaad) in sake of money. In Kashmir, 99% jihaadis are paid by ISI to kill innocents. These men are basically poor and so poor that they may be ready for this job only for few thousands. They basically come fro Afganistan and rural Kashmir.

In the similar trend, wherever there are poor and illiterate muslims, there lies a strong fort for terrorism. Be it Indonesia, African nations or Chechenya.

In my opinion, the only force that can contain the spread of fIslamic violence and contain saudi ameers from taking hold of global muslim politics, is literacy amongst muslim youth. More number of children, one has, there is strong possibility that parents can not be able to upbring their child. Poor nourishment poor education, social denibility and an affinity towards multigamy all mixes up and produces a corrupt and criminal brain capable of joining the strong army of barbarian mercenaries. (why I talked about multigamy is because terrorists are given rape as incentives at some places).

Two child policy, mandatory higher education and monogamy amongst muslim youth can stop the spread of jihaad and terrorism.

I hope I am not preaching or insulting someone. If someone is having a difference of opinion with me, please feel free to quote my sentences with proper reasoning, why you are not convinced?

It actually says in the Quran that "until muslims kill all the jews, there will be no redemption". ^ Actual quoteSo yeah, I might sound biased and immature when I say this, but they started it!

People, now that someone mentioned Kashmir. I must tell you... The place is HEAVEN. The beauty of that place cannot be put in words. Its a new life. Ok, I am saying it again, the place is literally Heaven! You keep thinking, how the hell can anything be sooo beutiful and cultured..And looking at the mass number of terrorist action there is a BIG BIG SHAME!! People walk in fear. There are military guys in every corner of the road. You won't find a single area where you don't see a military soldier. I wonder, how much does it cost Government to employ soo many men just to watch over such a huge location.Its just a shame... people attack the soldiers who are putting their life on stake to protect them. This is ignorance. When I was there, the only question ringing in my head was ... "Why on heavenly places like this get cursed soo badly by terrorist.. When is this thing going to stop!"Shame on all the terrorists.. and those b a s t a r d s funding them.Also, I never knew Muslims and Jews were Rivals! Can you explain the reason or give a short idea why is this so ?

Well I have learned about Islam from my history book this year and after reading it, I don't hate Islamic ideas and do agree with some of them. Americans I think don't like Islamic ideas because they believe they are pushing in on their own or have been taught and raised up in an environment that is against Islam. I think half of the people that are against it don't know much about it.

maybe people with un overthought statements should perhaps do some research, read the koran and such before they even say things like that. I do think some peeps just dont know what they're even talking about!1

Really, I don't understand MOST Americans (I'm an American myself). Why do we hate Islams? They have done nothing wrong to this country. They've done nothing. Americans just like to show hate to random people for random reasons. My "friends" think that all muslims are terrorist. Really! I get so angry when they say that. Also, since we're discussing Islam, take China for example. Why do you hate the Chinese? What have they done to deserve the "American hatred". All they have been doing was minding their own business, and have a steady/growing economy.

It actually says in the Quran that "until muslims kill all the jews, there will be no redemption".
^ Actual quote

So yeah, I might sound biased and immature when I say this, but they started it!

What?? It says that in the Quran?? Hmm...