xisto Community
MaineFishing45

Admin And Mod's Note Bbcode For Ipb Note Feature

I thought it was understood how to install them from my previous post. If you are looking for step by step instruction here it goes. You must be pretty fluent in CSS, file location and bit of HTML knowledge:

The below is something I'm thinking about proposing for all tutorials--when applicable--if writing an instruction:

Knowledge base needed:basic HTML editing

advance IPB ACP knowledge

basic FTP

Time for completion:under 5 minutes (without modification)

1 - download m^e's files

2 - upload graphics to the loacation you want to store (in your forum directory etc)

3 - modify notice.css by editing location you're storing needed graphics files (this can be http://... or if you're planning to store the notice.css file in the same directory then just 'filename.jpg' will do)

4 - upload notice.css to a directory where you want to store this notice.css file

5 - modify notice.html to point to correct location of this notice.css file

6 - access ACP > Custom BBCode Manager > Add New BBCode

7 - Add a new custom BBCode as follows:

Custom BBCode Title: NOTE (or whatever you want to call it this is just the title for the tag and NOT the actual BBCode name)

Custom BBCode Description: (enter whatever you want to say to describe this, i.e. Admin and Mod usage only)

Custom BBCode Example: (this explains how to use it, again just few words will suffice)

Custom BBCode Tag: notice (or whatever you want your BBCode to be called)

Use Option in tag? Yes

Custom BBCode Replacement: (this is where you copy the HTML source, from the downloaded file, to this area. Just copy and paste the whole code)

8 - Click on 'Add BBCode'

And you're done. If you need to modify the looks of your note, just edit your CSS and HTML file like any other webpage file and you should be set.

Thank you.... thats what I have been looking for, its just details that people like me need, that aren't that advance... :( But did my topic get moved? Anyways, I know someone else is looking for something like this, so I will leave some links back to here. Thanks for your help.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Posts will be moved to more fitting section. This does not reflect the quality your contribution. Remember this forum is designed for search engines foremost. Please do not hijack the topic.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)