xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DogEater008

Sony Ericsson W600i - Bad Product

I got my sony ericsson w600i about... 2 months ago from amazon...bought three of them actually.. .one for every of my brothers. too bad i didn't read the amazon rebate form carefully enough.... it said you could get up to 5 rebates for each household.. .but then it also said only 1 rebate for each phone plan... which i completely missed that.. so we basically had to pay like 250 for 3 phones.. .including tax. ...i guess that is still a good deal.. because it's a nice phone.. great features...so.. you guys are all wondering.. why would i hate it if it's a great phone that has alot of cool features?.... Well.. i would have to blame sony ericsson for that because they did a terrible job in programming the firmware for the phone....If you ever owned one.. you probably already had the "White screen of death (WOSD)" at least once. For those that doesn't know what the white screen of death is, it is when the phone crashes and won't boot up. The only way to turn off the phone is by taking out the battery... WOSD is unexpected.. it can happans while trying to play a mp3 file or calling someone.anyways.. .i got another WSOD today.. and i just sent them in to sony ericsson. This is the second time that i did this. The support person wasn't any help in fixing the problem.. all they know is.. you have to send the phone in. The first time i sent them in.. i had to pay 10 dollars for shipping..... .The phone lasted for about 3 weeks until the same WSOD came back. So i told them that i didn't want this model anymore because if this continues on... i will have to keep sending them in every 3 weeks. I wanted to trade it for the w900 but they said they don't have any exchange policies...From what i read from other people experiences with different models... they said that the cause of the WSOD is the firmware.. but then sony will not be reliable for anything that happened during upgrading the firmware. Since the w600i was just released last july of 2005.. they didn't have any updates.Ever since i got his phone.. i had so many problems with it. The first day when i got the phone.. i actually got the WSOD but then it wasn't pernament.. it booted itself back up after like 15 minutes (while i was calling ericsson for help). Then my charger broke and i had to call them for a replacement.. which they replaced it for free since i'm still under their one year warranty. I have to admit that they have a great when it comes to replacement because i called them asking if they could send me a $50 replacement headset for free and they did.. unfortunately.. they didn't have any in stock so they had to back order it...PS.. i just hope that they will get it completely fixed so i won't have the same problem in the future...

Last night me and my mum bought a sony ericsson w800i from ebay for 152 pounds in total

Posted Image

Personally, I think 152 is wayy too much. Even though the phone was new I think it came without headset - which you can buy cheaply from ebay.

Since the phone I'm getting is a similar model.. do you think or know anyone that have had the 'WSOD' (rofl)...