xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unregistered 015

Trap17 Is Getting "overposted"... ...and I dont like it.

Well I think you are right concerning the fact that Xisto is fast becoming overposted. When I signed up, over an year ago, there where less then 4000 members and now there are 13.000 members. That is a huge growth (yeah Xisto is the best so it' a normal thing for people to join).But it's not that hard to write something and keep up with the credits. I have over 270 posts and yeah I earn credits very hard, but not because I don't have what to write about. I really don't have time or the nerve to spend an hour on the forum. I don't write everyday... usually around once every three days. A few good posts and I make over 5 credits. And I can tell you that over thsi year I only got my account suspended once, becuase I forgot to post.I'm sure people will never run out of subjects since evryday somehting happens in the world that needs to be discussed.PS: It only took me around five minutes to write this reply, so in an hour I could get over 10 hosting credits if I have a little inspiration.... And I got over 1 credit for this post...

Edited by adriantc (see edit history)

I see this as the same problem plaguing every post for host forum, but ironically this is not something that we posters should moan about. What can posters do in such a situation? Either, you get very specific on your issue, say, talking about one product on the market, or you have some very special topic to talk about, otherwise, you will find every topic being exhausted by other posters. Just count, how many topics are there in this forum talking about instant messangers, web based email service providers, free web hostings and browsers? You will be amazed.

There aren't much new topics here at Trap 17, but I still check those psts made by latest members and try to reply to their comments. This way we can continue conversing.I always open the FIR (First Information Report) for the latest news and topics about technology and some weird news. This keeps me up to date with what is happening around the world while I am busy using my personal computer alone at hoe. I even get to find out the latest news from abroad than what is happening around the neighborhood. Though I do not post much on the tutorials section, i read them and try to work on the tips given by the members.I have been a part of Trap 17 for almost a year and a half already, and I am not in the stage where I am into making posts and comments just to add up my credits. I am now into the information and the members views regarding certain issues.

I generally feel bad posting if I dont have something really unique to say.. normally in forums I'm a lurker. But around here.. I guess I have to say something eventually. I spend forever lurking until I finally find a thread where I have some unique input.... and then no one reads it because it seems like everyone else is just reading the first post and hitting 'Reply' so they can get their credits and move on ^^;But oh well.. sometimes the topics are interesting to read... there's certainly never a lack of new threads XD;

Yeah, I totoally agree with you... sometimes I feel bad when I really don't got anything unique to say, and sometimes I don't really got anything good to say because either someone had already said something and sometimes I just don't got much to say. And I spend most of my free time looking for a good topic where I could say something interesting... and now I don't even have time to work on my website. And I do agree with Xisto getting overposted, and I always got to look for some interesting topic, and sometimes when I do find one, things have already been said. And also, you can't even post in topics that were made last year, or you'll get a notice... that's what have happened to me a few times.

I think I can completely agree with the posters above. It sometimes is really hard to come up with things to say in order to raise your hosting credits. I'm finding that in the computer sections, everything I might consider talking about has been covered to death by others, and everyone's made the same point that I was going to make, and so I end up not posting for fear of being penalized for not having anything valid to contribute! Anyway, I'm sure that a lot of you refrain from commenting on certain threads, as it seems like you're just rewording what someone else wrote! This section adds to your hosting credits, which is something I only realised a few days ago! So hopefully I will end up finding it a lot easier to contribute, as long as you guys keep on getting angry! :(EDIT: And the above post just raised my hosting credits by 1.5 days! Wasn't hard!

Edited by tt3 (see edit history)

I agree, but I haven't been on a long time xPAlso, spammers that post random things (replies saying "Yeah, I agree" or "Totally, I go with him on this one" just to get points/etc.. is stupid.

You can get 3 hosting credits easily in 1 post. Post 2-3 times a day if that's all the time you have. You dont need to start a new thread for everything you want to post about. Join other discussions. It doesn't take an hour of your time to get enough credits for 3-5 days.

I generally feel bad posting if I dont have something really unique to say.. normally in forums I'm a lurker. But around here.. I guess I have to say something eventually. I spend forever lurking until I finally find a thread where I have some unique input.... and then no one reads it because it seems like everyone else is just reading the first post and hitting 'Reply' so they can get their credits and move on ^^;But oh well.. sometimes the topics are interesting to read... there's certainly never a lack of new threads XD;

Its never like this!
This is the second time your post has been quoted!
That means people actually read your posts! Its just not you are me or anyone other member..most of the members over here read the full thread the reason is that it is a better community!
And as far the topic starter's point is concerned I dont think that is the case anyways..there are lots of ways of earning the credits! To be honest I am not good at starting the topics either and I just make replies, comment to the topics which are already there and I make enough credits. It is just the way you present yourself in the posts! I will like to point out one more thing and that is the topic starter didnt write enough in venting as well..however the replies are even bigger than the topic itself :(
I've got more than 115 credits and that too by mostly replying to the topics.
I follow one practice to keep up my credits and that is KEEP TRACK OF POSTS THAT INTERSETS YOU...and make replies to it, I am sure that you'll find something or the other to post in that!

Ok... this might be good for you. If you like to read the news and are a informed citizen. Well then go to http://www.nytimes.com/ or https://www.washingtonpost.com/ and get an article, go to http://forums.xisto.com/.index.php and then find the forum call '[FIR] First Information Repor' or something of that nature and start a new topic and talk about the article you have read and summerize it and

(......quote.....)

some things about it. Then leave the link to where you found it somewhere and let people read it, get there reactions and comment on that. Simple, Easy, Fun, Effective!

----------

Edit

----------

Fixed my color tag....

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

There is one thing that makes me happy: I'M NOT ALONE IN THIS! :(OK, there were a lot of replies and I don't have the time right now to answer to all of them, but there is one post that couth my eye. BufaloHELP's. He said something about "movies", and I just want to say that I like the idea. I'm not a guru in that area, but I like discussing scenes, fault's, camera errors, sci-fi, and other movie related topics, so it would be a good idea.Ok, that's it for now. I got to go.... See ya!

I agree with one of the previous posts made: I find it much easier to just go to the recent posts or topics links and contribute to other people's ideas. And while there are many people here on the forums and many ideas that are thought up are similar in content, what we believe and the opinions that we have are very different from one another. And isn't this the whole point of the community anyways? For people to get together and share their feelings and ideas and see what others have to think hoping that someone else might think of something that they haven't before? (of course, except for the fact that we get free webhosting in exchange - that's the biggest reason that we come here... :()

No offense to ciroxyz or anyone else, but the post that spawned this topic is utterly stupid. I mean seriously, what the hell? This is a forum, and people post here. That's what you do. If you are too unoriginal/too lazy to come up with an idea for a new topic, then hey, thats your problem. And don't go blaming Xisto for your shortcomings in imagination! Sorry if you take any offense to this, but hey, thats my rant, and thats what a forum is all about.Oh my Gawd, now that I think about it, I MADE AN ORIGINAL POST!!!! OMG!!!11!!one1!!

Hmm.... Too much confusion here.Here are some points if you are missing. This should definately help you up.1. Think more of current issues. Unlike Xisto, Xisto welcomes all type of content. You can talk here about anything and everything. :( You don't have to get a technical topic to start off a conversation.2. *IMPORTANT* If you have more than 30 credits, take it very very easy. Take gaps of few days before coming to Xisto. (Well, I m the first administrator who is asking members to leave my site.. I guess).My point is, Don't try to collect bulk loads of credits in a single day. Its a real pain, and it will increase your frustration. Maintaining the credit count at 15 is the best way. 3. *IMPORTANT* Suppose, Your credit count is at 15. You can spend few days just reading other's posts. Well, if you have something to contribute, its well and good. You can go ahead. Or, you can just wait. Give another 4-5 days. In these days, If you get even 1 topic, where you can make a post as long as this one, you have earned 4-5 credits easily! :-D and there, you are back to 15 credits again. 4. The credit system has been designed keeping many things in mind. And members who are using it effectively (basically those who have patience) will say "Admins have gone nuts to make such a easy system for credits".If you ask WHY? this type of algorithm was created to stop people from bulk posting, its because, we want everyone to have enough gap/space to contribute their thoughts. This helps to bring in latest news and fresh ideas into our forums slowly and easily. The topic discussion as well as fresh ideas flow in from all people.5. Tutorials. Well, If you are thinking that only contributing a Tutorial is time consuming and not only that, If you feel, getting new tutorials is impossible. Why not, Try adding more information into existing tutorials. :(6. We have provided a list of RECENT POSTS and TOPICS. Total 60 entries displayed right at the bottom of the forums. They make it real easy to find atleast one of your topic of interest.7. Use SIMILAR topics list to find more areas related to your interests.EDIT ::CREDITS BEFORE POSTING THIS TOPIC : 1143.81 DAYS.CREDITS AFTER POSTING THIS TOPIC : 1147.21 DAYS.EARNED : 3.4 Days.Well, If I had 15 credits, then I would had earned around 5-6 credits for this post.

Acording to my calculations, if you want hosting on Xisto, you must spend at leas an hour posting!!! That's way too much for me, since I'm a colledge student, partially emolployed, and have no time at all.

Your calculations are off. I can post my daily postings in a matter of a minute.

Really? I used to come here like once a week with only about 15 credits or so left, and I've only experienced getting negative credits once. (And I quickly boosted it up) A tip though, when you find a good topic to talk about, elaborate on what you're saying, in short, say a lot of things relating to that topic, and you'll get a day or so of credits. I usually rant, or reply to rants, so I get my posts long enough to make me happy. It's probably better to post when you're in a good mood so you can think up of more things to say.