xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebula

How Much Do You Sleep And When?

The amount of sleep I get each night really ranges depending on how I feel, what I am doing that night, and what I did that day. I rarely get more than 8 hours of sleep each night. I usually get between 6 and 7. Sometimes less, sometimes more. This year I've had school all but a month so it was really changing a lot. But it's still summer so I want to hang out at night and what not. Also if I have homework that'll give me less time to socialize so I'll stay up later, or if I feel really tired and know I need sleep I'll sometimes just go to bed earlier. I usually go to bed between 10:30 and 11 but sometimes it'll be later.

A sleep of just 6 hours is ok for a human being, as i am a biologist basically i advice a persomn should have atleast 6 hours of sleep or else you life will get short. Coz there would be some chemical imbalace in brain which will lead to more trouble in future.So have a sound sleep of 6 hours atlest.Even this helps to boost memory cells and for the growth of the neural networks in brain.

Most of your posts make me feel like a night owl! I tend to "make" myself go to bed at 2am, so that I can wake up at a decent time (I like to wake up before noon if at all possible lol... and yes, I know... that's not decent by many people's standards lol, but if I can get to bed by 2am, then I'm usually asleep by 2:30 cause I like to do a little reading first, and then after my hours of sleep I tend to wake up between 11 and 12 noon).There are lots of nights that I end up staying up way later than I want though... and lots of times I'm up until 5am *yawn*... but I really don't like alarm clocks, so most of the time I can sleep until my body decides to wake up and by then I figure if it's woken up on it's own, then I've probably gotten enough sleep. Mind you, I still tend to wake up around noon-ish even on those days that I stay up later. I tend to sleep for 9 hours without having my alarm clock set. That seems like a long time, but I guess that's just how much I need now. I used to only need a few hours sleep though in high school, cause back then I'd hardly sleep at all -- like going to bed at 3 am, and then waking up again at 6 am to get ready for school. Those days were so great, because I could get so much stuff done. Now I feel like there's not enough hours in the day to get all the things I want done <_<I wish I could sleep less... but from what you said, it's probably good that I sleep longer to make sure that everything is rested and healthy. You know one thing that might make sense... is that now, my eyes get even more strain because I'm always looking at a computer screen, when back in the days that I didn't sleep much, I didn't have a computer, so maybe by wearing my eyes out more, it makes me need more sleep time to recover, which would work really well in line with how you said that sleep is most important for our eyes.

normally i sleep 4-5 hours a day. sometimes if i get more time then might 6-7 hours.. normally that doesn't happen with me. there was i time when i used to sleep 12-15 hours a day but that was time when i was free had nothing to do. now i'm bussy in my studies and work. <_<

Monday to Friday: 10:00pm - 6:45amOn weekends my sleep patterns are quite sporadic. I often go to friends places, or my fathers house, and I usually stay up nearly all night. On a weekend, my average night consists of a maximum of 4 hours... but quite often less...As for why I tend to stay up so late...... I'm really not quite sure... I always feel like crap all weekend... but yeah... I get lots of web and gfx stuff done...