xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

Anybody Here Do It's Academic?

I was at my first tournament today, at Gonzaga College High School in Washington, D.C. I come from TJHSST, so we had a lot of teams. I ended up on the fourth ("D" team) whereas some schools only had one team each. We ended up one win and four losses and didn't get past the preliminary games. It's kind of annoying, because they tend to put really good teams against the bad ones in the preliminaries to weed out the bad ones before the actual pyramid-style tournament begins. It was really fun, though, we only got crushed really badly twice, won one, almost won another, and the last wasn't completely a shut out. One game, though, we lost 320 to 50. 40 of those points were on questions that only we were allowed to answer >_<

For those who are wondering, it's not exactly like the T.V. version. The questions are usually easier on the T.V. version, and we use slightly different formats at each tournament. But if any of you did know, do you do It's Ac? Have you possibly gone up against TJ A (our best team)? They're pretty good.

OMG Academic Challenge! I do it all the time - I'm on varsity, but I'm a sophmore. Unfortunately, this year, I'm an alternate for varsity because some bird-brain (literally - all he reads are nature books) took my place when I can do the same amount as him @_@Instead, I'm captain of my Certamen (Latin Academic Challenge Team) and we just kick **bottom** wherever we go, no problem.

Sucks when you're just as good as someone but they get a higher place anyway. At that tournament I mentioned, my team's captain really wasn't that good (most of the team was as good or better) but he became the captain anyway because he'd been to more tournaments than anyone else.We're just waiting until there's a tournament where they keep track of personal standings so that we can prove we're better.