xisto Community
andrescasta

Ibm T30 Problem

Hello I have a T30 with a P-4-M of 2.0GHZ(0,13nm)(mainboard: i845MP), my problem is that i never saw in programs like PCWIZARD 2006, CPU-Z, HMONITOR, and WINDOWS SYSTEM the clock in 2.0ghz, even running benchmarks, or something else, every time is in 1196MHZ or 717MHZ, My system is a Windows XP SP1The Energy profile is in "Alway On" also i tested "Desktop", and i disabled the SpeedStep in the BIOS, but the same problem...any know what can i do??thank's

As far as I can tell with Mobile processors, its maximum performance is the said power ONLY when you need it that much. This is similar to RMS in speakers. It has capability of going that much throttle only when it requires. Otherwise the maximum performance speed is what the software requires.Another reason would be due to running on battery power? Have you tried taking the battery out and test using just the AC power? When battery is inserted and the laptop detects that there's battery present, no matter what you do, the Mobile processor will behave like the original architecture of the processor--be ready for mobile stage at any time.

If your Windows is "out-of-the-box" in other words instead of a Windows XP with a S/N and separate drivers CDs all you got was a rescue DVD or several rescue CDs, it's very likely that you already have a battery management software installed that continuously measures the CPU processing needs and constantly adjusts it to the lowest processing speed possible to handle your work/play requests and not more. If you will find this background process or utility, it's very likely that it will offer you the possiblity to adjusts these settings according to your prefference. Another option is to use a third party utility that does the same things and that will override that software of yours. It's called RMClock. You have the option there to set up your processor to run in full power even if your system doesn't need it. I recommend using this trick for a short period of time, as leaving it to keep your processor at full working speed will make your notebook hotter.I have an Acer w/o a power management software and I'm using this program to keep it cooler, as I only gain 10% battery uptime w/ this software keeping it at it's lowest processing speed.

Please send me audio driver for ibm thinkpad t30 I try to download drivers all drivers running completely but audio don't came out if any one have driver cd of ibm think-pad t30 please send attachment on desire email id brainscrew1983 at gmail-brainscrew

Lan drivers for internet connect

Ibm T30 Problem

Please I need the Lan driver for internet connect I have Leptop IBM ThinkPad

T30 type:2366 thanks

-reply by ilir shemsiu