xisto Community
dodgerblue

Could You Help Me Identify This Font? urgently needed

I'm going crazy trying to find out what font this is.

This was taken from a poster (print), but I need to use it to make a website (of the same thing).

Obviously, I didn't design the poster, so I don't know, and the person who did has forgotten/didn't do it on their own computer.

Here's a picture. The j on the far left got cropped slightly.

This was due to the person designing the poster in WORD :lol: and when I tried to extract it out, the sides got cropped no matter what I did. Oh well.

Anyway, the end of the j doesn't curve upwards. It curves slightly, like the y.

Here's a picture. Those are all the letters in the poster.

Posted Image

Please help me before I tear all my hair off my head and start on my arms and legs... THANK YOU.

Ok so I hit my good friend Google for an online font recognition tool, (I knew I'd seen one before just couldn't remember the url) which got me to here: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/, which suggested the font was called (and I have to say I agree it does appear to be this font, if not it is very similar (I doubt most people would notice)):

Microgramma Bold Extended

So I went back to Google for you to see if I could find somewhere to download this font, unfortuantely from what I can tell this appears to be a commercial font.

But I found this font:

MicrogrammaDBolExt

already installed into Windows XP, I didn't install it, however if you do not have it this font can be freely downloaded.

Ok so I hit my good friend Google for an online font recognition tool, (I knew I'd seen one before just couldn't remember the url) which got me to here: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/, which suggested the font was called (and I have to say I agree it does appear to be this font, if not it is very similar (I doubt most people would notice)):

Microgramma Bold Extended

So I went back to Google for you to see if I could find somewhere to download this font, unfortuantely from what I can tell this appears to be a commercial font.

But I found this font:

MicrogrammaDBolExt

already installed into Windows XP, I didn't install it, however if you do not have it this font can be freely downloaded.

Thanks, dontmaimyourself.

I tried the font recognition thing as well, and some identifier thiing which asked me a zillion questions but didn't hit the mark.

I tried at a font forum, and the admin there gave me a few fonts which looked really similar.

And yeah, Microgramma does look a lot like it. There was another, Eurostile, but between the two, Microgramma is cheaper to buy (if I have no other option).

I'll take a look at MicrogrammaDBolExt and see how that goes.

Thanks alot! :lol:

I tried going through a few different font identifiers and all of them suggest either Eurostyle or Microgramma, but one did say that the text may have been vertically compressed. E.g. resized without keeping the scale, which is why it looks slightly different.

I tried going through a few different font identifiers and all of them suggest either Eurostyle or Microgramma, but one did say that the text may have been vertically compressed. E.g. resized without keeping the scale, which is why it looks slightly different.

Oh. That's highly plausible actually.

Thanks for all the responses guys! :lol: