xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spen

Html Countdown For Your Wallpaper For Your Computer?

Can you have a HTML countdown for your wallpaper for your computer? I know you can have a animation wallpaper for your computer. But can you have a HTML countdown as your wallpaper? I want to use a HTML countdown for my wallpaper for my computer. So the wallpaper for my computer would be a HTML countdown. Can you/does anyone know how to put a HTML countdown for your wallpaper for your computer?

well, you cannot put it on there i do not believe, but what you can do is put the background for your desktop onto a web hosting site like the one you might have here sometime, and also include the script onto that page that has the image on it for example you could have

<body background="images/desktopwallpaper.jpg">then you put the HTML code here

if you do that then set your desktop to have a "web" desktop... if you were to do that you can:

right click on your desktop, go to properties
your display properties will show up, look for the tab that says Desktop
in that tabs table it will say down at he bottom "Customize Desktop" click it
Desktop Items will show up, look for the "Web" Tab..and you can select New..and enter the websites address "http://ww38.yoursite.com/countdown; and then finish the wizard.make sure that the new option is checked and close everything down after applying it etc..and when it show on the desktop it will be in a box probably the size of the countdown...but you should be able to ajust that to the size of the screen..or you could click browse and select a file from your computer with the same ideal as making it a webpage..

i hope that part made sence because it did to me :lol: if not post again and i will try to clear it up

it was no problem :( it is what everyone at Xisto is for!! lol and yeah you can set a webpage to show up there..for instance if you want css news to show up..you just have to set it to http://edition.cnn.com/ and it will work out and show upi every time you sign on

Goodjob Albus Dumbledore, you actually understood what Spen meant, while I don't.. :(

Actually I think what he was asking about the countdown thing would be probably the he wants the background to change upon a countdown timer.

If this is what he meant, the following would be the codes, including the fading animation transition from a background picture to another.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I bet you didn't expect that two years after giving this guidance to one guy, someone else would be thanking you for it. I've been looking for an easy way to count-down to the day and time when I plan to quit my current job when I came across your posting. Now every time I log on to my computer I'm motivated to go on by the sight of the time counting down. This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanx a mil!-reply by Kayle