xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Borghunter

Picture.com Scam

My dad has been receiving emails and actual mail from picture.com saying that his picture is in one of their books or movies or some other thing that they say it's in, and we found out that it was a scam by looking through some other forums where people have ordered the 50 dollar items and it hasn't even been delivered to them. Have any of you had this same experience and what did you do about it?

Pretty easy way... did you dad ever go somewhere to have his picture taken for a book? or people visit him?If not then away it goes in the junk can!. Where all the rest goes lol

Nope, ive recieved some other junk. Once a person from my bank called, asked some details which i didnt give. Phoned my actual bank and they said that there was no record of that call. Everyones out there to rip you off or to scam you. Just gotta watch out

How to delete your picture on picture.com

Picture.com Scam

Is there a way to delete your picture on the contest picture.Com? b/see I want to remove my Entire name and photo! how do I do that? is there a way? I must know.

-Laura

Picture.com contact information

Picture.com Scam

Registrant:

Watermark Media Group, Inc

ATTN: PICTURE.COM

see/o Network Solutions

P.O. Box 447

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

Domain Name: PICTURE.COM

Administrative Contact :

Herman, John

xm5nx6fv5gs@networksolutionsprivateregistration.Com

ATTN: PICTURE.COM

see/o Network Solutions

P.O. Box 447

Herndon, VA 20172-0447

Phone: 570-708-8780

-doug

Replying to BorghunterI am just now finding this out.I wish I would have learned about picture.Com months ago.I paid for and ordered 4 of their endless journeys books last Oct. 2007.Each book was well over $50.00. I did receive one book but have not received any others and I cannot get ahold of anyone at picture.Com.Tooday I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.Has anyone else filed a complaint and did anything come of it? I probably will have lost my money and the books. These people at picture.Com should be strung up. I don't get why they have not been caught, fined and/or convicted if so many have been complaining?Vikki2/11/08

Descriptive Title for Opinion/FeedbackPicture.com Scam

I get them...I'm supposed to receive a percentage of the sales using my photograph...Never received any royalties for them...Now I know it is a scam..

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords:

Picture.comPicture.com Scam

Over a year ago I purchased 3 books from them...A total of $231.00. I did speak to a rep not too long after ordering and was assured they would be printing in early spring of 09. Have tried the phone number several times again and always get a busy signal (410-363-4800). Order date 8/13/08...Today's date 11/20/09 and still no books.

-reply by Mad in Georgia

Picture.com ScamPicture.com ScamReplying to BorghunterI was done the same way about 3yrs ago. I recieved an email advertising a photo contest. I entered 2 of kids and received a letter later tellin me my pic had been chosen as a semi-finalist.And that I now have a chance of winning 1of over 114 cash prizes including $1,000,000 Grand prize.I was also told that they wanted 2 publish my pic in their upcoming book called endless journeys. I was given a form to sign for permission to publish it and ws offered to buy the book for $80.Which I did of course, who wouldnt want a book with their kids picture in it,Right? I never received the book and I cant reach them of course.Thankfully I wasnt stupid enough to give them more $$$ for more chances to win.-reply by Brandy