xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rogeruk

Cpus With 5-ghz Clock Speeds On Their Way

Well according to Silicon Valley, 5 GHz CPU's are on their way, which are suppose to be feasible and hitting our shelves soon.. Transitior counts doubling from 1 billion to 2 billion in 2 years, and to 4 billion in 4 years.

Intel and AMD have said CPU clock speeds -- measured in gigahertz -- will not increase to the same degree as in years past due to constraints in power consumption and heat. However, the companies will take advantage of increasing chip densities to pack multiple cores onto each chip, resulting in performance leaps. Intel said there may be as many as 100 cores packed on a single processor within 10 years.

Trying to make CPU's smaller and smaller why? yes for portable devices but for home pc's i dont see much point. They gonna get sooo small you prob snap em like a crisp, but again increasing power comsumtion and alot more head being produced if they were bigger.

Gonna have to wait and see what happens with em :lol:

I wounder how much they are actually gonna be, probably very expensive.
Edited by rogeruk (see edit history)

Hello rogerUk, Intel has announced that they are not going to increase the Clock speeds in their future processors. So there is no cahnce of getting a 5Ghz processor form Intel. Intel has announced that its future processor will be made with multiple Cores. So dont wait for 5Ghz processors from Intel.

Having an Intel processor 2.4 Ghz dual core will logically be 4.8 Ghz, because it is able to work multiple tasks simultaneously. Imagine playing your favorite PC game while scanning your computer for virus seemed impossible with today's computers, but with dual core processors, it becomes reality. Think of dual core as a head with 2 brains, it certainly works faster even with multiplay programs running.You won't be seeing 4.8 Ghz on your BIOs however, because it issn't, but you will feel the speed.

Not an Intel fan myself, go with the AMD 64 :lol:. But damn each year they get faster and faster. Why will they stop? lol. We'll have a world controlled by chips. And not the sort that taste nice with salt and vinegar.

Edited by rogeruk (see edit history)

Hello rogerUk,
Intel has announced that they are not going to increase the Clock speeds in their future processors. So there is no cahnce of getting a 5Ghz processor form Intel. Intel has announced that its future processor will be made with multiple Cores. So dont wait for 5Ghz processors from Intel.

I can play games and scan for viruses on my computer :lol: It has 3.0 ghz hyperthreading along with 1.5gig of ram. Now i just need a better graphic card. I wonder if amd is going to come out with a better processor then intel, you know that amd is going to be better than intel someday.

wow that seems to be awsome, i mean i have at home a 566 MHZ and a 2.8 GHZ but i am thinking i am leaving very very far from the real technology world.I was seeing that intel also improves the speed every 18 months or something, by the way i have a question.Is there any limit talking about the processor's speed?

Computers processors have been increasing in speeds yet ever since it hit the 2GHZ mark a few years ago I have been unable to notice any difference. The only exception is when I try and render images. Rather than increasing clock speeds I think companies should work on making better multicore processors. I have been able to work alot faster with my computer ever since I purchased an Intel Pentium D. I am big on multi-tasking and I think there is still lots of room for improvement in that area.

Edited by Arigato (see edit history)

Lol "Inspiron. Dual Core 2.4 Ghz is Not 4.8 Ghz in a a way.... its more liek two 1.2 Ghz processors... the Dual Core is seperating teh App from one Chip to another... so teh chips can use less power....... How ever.... 5 Ghz i think its really useless right now for some Tasks.... instead is say its Dual Core two 2.5 Ghz Processors...... because Steve Gibson form Security Now Podcast (GRC.cOm) said that sometime after 3Ghz sometimes teh Computer even slows down.... so i thimnk this idea is too much id say right now......im all good right now with my 512 MB ram 2.4 Ghz 200GB 64 bit processor... That idea is Kind off that 300Gb disc that is out of reach for the normail consumers...... so Overall they have to make that 5Ghz Dual Core enable and 64 Bit so that i can be Impressed and to really make it usefulll you need to have Dual Core aware Application like Photoshop CS or CS2 and Vista so i think that idea should slow down......

Trying to make CPU's smaller and smaller why? yes for portable devices but for home pc's i dont see much point. They gonna get sooo small you prob snap em like a crisp, but again increasing power comsumtion and alot more head being produced if they were bigger.

Do you seriously not understand the virtue of a smaller chip? If you can shrink an existing processor, you can create a faster chip at the original size.... Also, when would you snap your processor? It isnt just sitting loose in the case... Its hard to reach without taking apart your computer..

i read an article on BBC news like last week.. .it said that IBM had found a way to make smaller chip....so i'm not suprise if CPU is getting faster and faster... but i'm sure that they will stop trying to improve the speed.. instead reducing its size so we could enjoy smaller laptops, faster pda or celluar devices.i'm looking forward to the bright future......looking back nine years ago.. the fastest PC was 200mhz....

well in the way that we are seeing updates now I will not be surprised if this will be available even next month lol, since 1 GHz has been broken, CPU FSB went nuts and go as far as they can, so bring them up and see how it will perform, i'd love to have them but for free lol