xisto Community
Reaver

Crawling Back All crit welcome

Hey Hey ppl been away on vacation and wat not for a few months so trying to get back into this at a crawl so i chose to help out a warcraft buddy of mine and came up with these, more of the old as u can see with only one sig with smudging and none of that splatter stuff i see around these days.

All crit welcome to do more than a fine tune i suggest a complete overhaul ^^

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Welcome back, Reaver! I see you haven't lost much touch on your vector sigs. What i see, from all (except the vector sig), which the sigs could use is a more prominent border. My eyes are attached to the 3rd sig, mostly cause of the interesting background. I think the fourth sig could have better text position. The last one, there's something odd about it. Either the color of the "Elune" text, the green in the background, or something.

yeah another one of our Xisto/gfxtrap siggers is back i love stirring up them gfx designing needs :lol: well i gave you a few comment while busily doing a tutorial so now I will go into depth.Brushing: is a little rusty in some sigs (1, 2, 4, 6) but combine with effects your still good at it.coloring is ok except for sig (4)Vector your still a god in vector designing which is good.Text well let just say if your rusty for a long time you look like a noob but knowing you it won't take long to whip out the text rust off.Renders rusty in some areas still good in others.But overall Sig 3 and your Vec Sig Are at the top of the list of rusty designing.SO WELCOME BACK REAVER.

Great siggies...some of the better ones I've seen at Xisto lately. Nice to "see some more faces" here in the graphics section too.[1] Pixel stretches aren't bad, but they've been sorta played out. But with all this smudging nonsense going on lately, it wouldn't be bad for a comeback. Nice siggy, but the animation goes a little slow, and it seems like there's three different fonts which looks kinda odd. Also, it doesn't really matter, but I'm pretty sure the left render isn't Warcraft. I could be mistaken.[2] Can't complain here. Maybe a font change for the Elune text, but other than that, not bad.[3] A little too dark/monotone...maybe some faint reds/purples/blues in there would liven things up a bit. Nice background though.[4] The brushing and text could be better on the right side, but overall not too bad.[5] Text again...seems a little pixellated/too small for the sig. I like the dots running through it though. Also, that little face on the right has been a little overused...Mike seems to like sticking it in every tech sig he makes. :lol:[6] Change of font again on the Elune, and you're good to go.I can't really say welcome back, because I don't remember ever meeting you, so I'll just say welcome. :PNice work.

Awesome guys thanks for the warm welcome again and the great tips exactly what i needed to get a feel for the difference between stock and great :lol:

Revised all of them aswell including the tips and suggestions.

I guess sig 3 was most interesting to you guys because it was the only smdge one out of the lot, but since reading ur tips ive cut back on the pxstreatching and mixing up the blending, wont go full out into smudge yet :P

@True - i changed both 4 and the last one removing the green and adjusting the text accordingly, definitely gives it a good flow, as for the borders tho these sigs are made for a complete black bg forum so the borders are there and are prominent just not for a light bg like trap :P

@SM - Thnx for the text tips the brushing is coming back slowly and i guess defaults(fonts) r best, noobie mistake, colouring is gona be more than ok soon once i get ps back in line. Prepare for a flooding of the instant messenger :P

@Johnny - Thnx for the welcome , i think wen i came on you were busy and wen u came back i went on vacation so we missed each other, good to have you here to give me that great sig advice and if u want to see my little speciality its on page 5 of this section called vec mania :P

Posted Image

Changed the timing on the text aswell as making all font the same, wont change the pxstretch on this one bit too late and good spotting johnny thats not a wow knight but i cudnt find a paladin appropriate for the sig.

Posted Image

changed the text too look a bit more techish and blending of it.

Posted Image

Heh did it all, added the light tints to the sig to cut back on the monoand bri/con layer to pick it up even more.

Posted Image

complete revamp, reworked brushing for the chiseled look, new colouring technique and blending style to keep it light and antique,moved text for better flow.

Posted Image

redid txt size and the curving of the txt brings in that little bit of pixelation :S removed mikes little face ;)

Posted Image

cut back on the render dupe, changed text font and colour, little spice to it.

Posted Image

threw a new 1 in, diff colouring and blending, i like the text size colour and font so maybe im getting a feel for it again.

As with all changes comes mistakes so tell me what you guys like and dont like ;)