xisto Community

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was bored so I d/l photoshop and decided that i'd learn some stuff so I was messing around with it and this is what I came up with.

Please feel free to comment and give me your idea on how I can improve my work.

Edited by sin (see edit history)

Nice sig. Had a little trouble figuring out what the render was, at first. But, the sig is overall good. All i have to say is work on the text more.

Well everyting needs work but its pretty good for starters I will tell you how you can increase your skills ten-fold.Step 1 Start with Brushing technqiues go to pixel2life.com, gamerenders.com, chaosgfx.com and read on up brushingStep 2 Once you have a good feel for the brushing grab some renders and start blending them in again go to pixel2life.com, gamerenders.com, chaosgfx.com to read up on to blend in rendersStep 4: Coloring, learn different techniques on how to color aain read up on tutorials.Step 5: Text this is the hardest of them all so learn as many techniques as ou can and figure out which text effect go with what backgrounds and renders.Step 6: filtering tricks, read up on tutorials.Step 7: combo 2-3 tutorials into one sig with your skills only follow the the tutorials for the effects but brushing you do on your own.Step 8: Design a sig by memory from all that you learned.Step 9: Continue reading up on tutorials on how people do different things and find your style.and thats it of course this takes time, I been doing it for over a year and still learning old and new stuff.Mind you those are techniques you have to learn rearrange them how you like.

I agree with Saint Michael, these are good for a first attempt. The thing that struck most about them is their monochomatic look, i.e. not very colorful. Mike has done you a huge service by directing to these tutorial sites. It's easy to say what it is you don't like about a sig, but to point a learner to places where they can improve their skills is terrific. Well done Mike!

To add to what mike said, http://www.good-tutorials.com/ is also a good place solely dedicated to photoshop tutorials. They currently have 9722 of them.

Also, avoid heavy filtering tutorials...too much use of filters can produce very very bad looking stuff. As a beginner, you won't really notice it (you gain experience in seeing what's good and what's bad as you go along). Saint Mike, KuBi, even myself, started making bad filter stuff. Stick to brushing till you're confident you know what looks good.

Another good way to learn sigging is to find free psds available from other graphics designers (you can find some on gamerenders, although most people charge for them. pm me if you want some...I've bought full rights to a few nice ones). It shows you how other designers go about setting up their different layers and effects and such. Much more useful than a general tip or a tutorial that only allows you to do things one way.

Anyway, very nice stuff for a first attempt. Keep it up.