xisto Community
xboxrulz

What Programming Languages Do You Use?

What programming languages do you use?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I started out learning HTML, even though that doesn't really count. Of course, with that, I learned CSS with it too.Then, as my first real programming lesson, I tried to learn C++ a couple years ago. I couldn't quite grasp that, and so I stopped trying to learn it. Now, I've learned PHP for the most part, still learning a couple things every so often. Now, I thought about learning C++ again. Also, I thought about learning Visual Basic or another type of basic. I think that I will go and learn some Visual Basic though.

i started out many moons ago with basic on a bbc computer .... state of the art at the time.i then got into into assembly language through work and immersed myself in that for a while.now i just tend to use vb6 , html and css for the bits of things that i do.probably like most people here i am self taught with all the languages that i have learned and i am proud of that fact .... but it would have been much quicker and easier if i had been taught by somebody in the know.

I use TurboPascal 7.0 to program most of my programs, however I fluently know Java and C++. I do wish to learn a few more, however I believe that my knowledge in programming languages is complete.

ive used BASIC for about a year...but i havent used it now for a year hah....so ive forgotn alot about the program...but i know a good amount of html and understand it fairly well...id lke to know alot more about java...and mayb php althought i dont think its necessary...but i only took basic for a class in school...i find it very rare that ill need it to use in the future at all..

I started off with Basic when i was about 8 yrs old,so far i have learned, C,C++,PHP.NET,VB and Java, i have only mastered php , C/C++ & java so far, i am still learning with the others.The easiest and Best to learn in my opinion was java,took mee about 3 weeks to get the full hang of it.

I learn Pascal at school... on the old fashion Turbo Pascal. At home I use Delphi (which also uses Pascal programming language, but it's much more new, has an IDE, and in it's latest version 2005 it is .net friendly). I also know HMTL (if you consider it a programming language), and I have started to learn PHP.

I use PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preproccesor), and I was wondering why you didn't have that as an option. It has a huge userbase, I was thinking that it would be an option...

I know c++, Visual J++, Quick basic, Visual Basic.But i primaryly use c++, becuse thats in my syllabus and i have to study it for exams.I would love to learn Java someday(heard its pretty similar to C++ (both being OOPS))

I started out learning a terrible language called calc-basic used to program TI calculators...From there I moved into doing C++ in high-school, and then system level C (writing things like a shell, a proxy, and other fun stuff) and java in college. Now I'm taking a class in SML, which is close to lisp, completely functional based, and a horrid mass of pain. I've also picked up a bit of actionscript, and the neigh useless language called Lingo, used only in Macromedia director. On the web dev. side I know html, css, javascript, and php.Not to be horribly pedantic, but why does the poll use radiobuttons? Checkboxes would allow us to select more than one language.